Britney Can Debut #1 - But the Competition Isn't Easy

laurelhenessy

I think the competition is highly underrated, but people who understand the audience would know that the competition is tough.

Florida Georgia Line is a COUNTRY act. Friggin country acts are not mainstream, but they have a huge audience. This audience is church-going, rural America type of listeners who go to church on Sunday and buy a copy of the album at retailers. They RARELY post on social media, and they rarely generate hype.

Barbra Streisand is a LEGACY act. These are old people reminiscing about the old days, have enough purchasing power, and prefer listening to what they think is 'good music.' Some of these are also listeners of Adele - especially since Adele is a cross-generation artist. 

If Britney, by chance, debuts at #3, we have nothing to be ashamed of. I think she will debut at #1 thanks to streaming. The record label obviously went for a more conservative route in terms of physical copies but I do think that streaming and downloading will make the difference between a number 1, number 2, or number 3 debut. 

I will be happy if she clears 250,000 sales during the first week, debuts #1 and the album is certified Platinum by the end of the year - double platinum if we're pushing it. I want her to rip Rihanna and Beyonce into shreds during the VMAs and show them who's in charge of the show. I want her to teach these younger pop acts to sit the **** down when the queen says she's back.

This will put other pop acts on notice that Britney isn't a has-been that they can simply disregard and milk for their promo. The way they treat her in this industry is crap. Britney has shown nothing but respect for her peers and all they do is ignore or trash her. 

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Spearsfan said:

You didn't even mention Frank. 

We will need to see predictions before we can really say? When do those normally come out? 

Not sure though but HDD would have a good estimate possibly next week.

I'm waiting for the VMAs and how she'll perform. If she slays, then we're good.

I won't stop streaming until she gets that #1 debut. And I bought two more copies and gifted them to friends.

Just now, laurelhenessy said:

Not sure though but HDD would have a good estimate possibly next week.

I'm waiting for the VMAs and how she'll perform. If she slays, then we're good.

I won't stop streaming until she gets that #1 debut. And I bought two more copies and gifted them to friends.

I bought three yesterday but plan on  getting two more. I really hope we have atleast a chance. 

3 minutes ago, lolo. said:

What about "Blond"? I thought that Frank Ocean was the most tough rival for Britney rn

They're not head-to-head next week, so... I don't think he's a huge threat right now. IF the VMA performance tanks, then we can just settle for #4 but I don't think he'll sell bigger this week vs. last week, unless he performs at the VMAs too.

3 minutes ago, jupal said:

"I will be happy if she clears 250,000 sales during the first week, debuts #1 and the album is certified Platinum by the end of the year - double platinum if we're pushing it."

Ok sis :NYnod:

That's my best case scenario, since this album deserves it. Worst case is she'll debut #4 or #5, and get less than 100K first-week sales, and 250K overall.

5 hours ago, laurelhenessy said:

I think the competition is highly underrated, but people who understand the audience would know that the competition is tough.

Florida Georgia Line is a COUNTRY act. Friggin country acts are not mainstream, but they have a huge audience. This audience is church-going, rural America type of listeners who go to church on Sunday and buy a copy of the album at retailers. They RARELY post on social media, and they rarely generate hype.

Barbra Streisand is a LEGACY act. These are old people reminiscing about the old days, have enough purchasing power, and prefer listening to what they think is 'good music.' Some of these are also listeners of Adele - especially since Adele is a cross-generation artist. 

If Britney, by chance, debuts at #3, we have nothing to be ashamed of. I think she will debut at #1 thanks to streaming. The record label obviously went for a more conservative route in terms of physical copies but I do think that streaming and downloading will make the difference between a number 1, number 2, or number 3 debut. 

I will be happy if she clears 250,000 sales during the first week, debuts #1 and the album is certified Platinum by the end of the year - double platinum if we're pushing it. I want her to rip Rihanna and Beyonce into shreds during the VMAs and show them who's in charge of the show. I want her to teach these younger pop acts to sit the **** down when the queen says she's back.

This will put other pop acts on notice that Britney isn't a has-been that they can simply disregard and milk for their promo. The way they treat her in this industry is crap. Britney has shown nothing but respect for her peers and all they do is ignore or trash her. 

Agreed with every single word you typed there. Loved it !!

And someone please let me know how to do I stream the album ? I am out of US and I want my streams to add in the album sales.

Archived