The BJ hate is so exaggerated and unnecessary

Someone Who Knows

Britney Jean is not a great album, but it is hardly a bad album. Most of the songs on it are at least good, and I think most fans think at least a few songs are really good. That's more than you can say for most pop albums. I know we hold Britney to higher standards than other pop stars, but there are some gems on there, too, and you can celebrate Glory without being a **** about Britney Jean. If it had been commercially successful, half of you wouldn't hate it half as much as you say you do, anyway. Once you get past the bitching about the sales and Myah Marie (whose presence is REALLY ******* EXAGGERATED by stupid fake fans) and people making fun of Chillin' With You, it's got some solid songs, and the reaction on Exhale when it came out was mostly positive.

So give it a ******* rest

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The second verse of Body Ache is literally the only thing Myah is singing main vocals on, and the difference is really obvious. Are some you deaf? Do you not know her voice?

What sounds unfinished except for Body Ache and the Alien glitch? Hold On Tight? Til It's Gone? Don't Cry? Tik Tik Boom? Passenger? Brightest Morning Star? Now That I Found You? They all sound pretty polished to me.

7 minutes ago, Someone Who Knows said:

Britney Jean is not a great album, but it is hardly a bad album. Most of the songs on it are at least good, and I think most fans think at least a few songs are really good. That's more than you can say for most pop albums. I know we hold Britney to higher standards than other pop stars, but there are some gems on there, too, and you can celebrate Glory without being a **** about Britney Jean. If it had been commercially successful, half of you wouldn't hate it half as much as you say you do, anyway. Once you get past the bitching about the sales and Myah Marie (whose presence is REALLY ******* EXAGGERATED by stupid fake fans) and people making fun of Chillin' With You, it's got some solid songs, and the reaction on Exhale when it came out was mostly positive.

So give it a ******* rest

I agree... Some people like to troll on this forum but the hate for BJ is unnecessary. I actually like Britney Jean a lot and I particularly love Don't Cry, Til It's Gone, Now That I Found You, Work *****, Hold On Tight, Brightest Morning Star... I think it's a great album. 

it actually isn't a bad album at ALL

it was very experimental and different and i really enjoyed it, is it as good as ANY of her previous albums? not at all, but it wasn't THAT BAD 

that's until you know we found out Myah Marie was singing on almost every song instead for whatever reason 

that kind of ruined most of the album for me, the only songs i can listen to now are work *****.....and....yeah that might be it actually 

Just now, Girl On The Moon said:

I agree... Some people like to troll on this forum but the hate for BJ is unnecessary. I actually like Britney Jean a lot and I particularly love Don't Cry, Til It's Gone, Now That I Found You, Work *****, Hold On Tight, Brightest Morning Star... I think it's a great album. 

I would hate to think that Til It's Gone and Hold On Tight wouldn't exist... Hold On Tight is one of the most beautiful ballads she's ever recorded and Til It's Gone is electrifying... but as I noted, if the album would have gone platinum and Work *****, Perfume, and Til It's Gone all went Top 10, they'd all be praising it...

It's the fact that Britney had released 7 incredible albums up to that point, and then we got this messy, half-assed album that has someone else singing for her on a lot of the songs.  I think it's pretty understandable that BJ gets so much hate.  I actually kinda like it (don't drag me :orangu:), but I can understand why so many people don't.  

9 minutes ago, nels64 said:

The problem isnt that the songs are necessarily bad songs. 

The problem is that every song save for Work ***** and Perfume sound like un-finished demoes. 
They sound like unfinished demoes because they are primarily sung by Myah Marie and other background vocalists and Britney really isn't front and center on her own songs. In addition to that the beats and melodies sound like a draft of something that was supposed to be taken a few steps further.

Britney Jean is not a horrible album. It's just an unfinished mess. 

Well said.  I'm still embarrassed that RCA tried to pass off those hybrid vocals as Britney's and expect us to be none the wise.  I love Passenger but that song and that album was very disrespectful to Britney and the fans.

Barbacoal Jellyfish is not a terrible album but it could have been a lot better. Britney herself gave zero care about the album, will.i.piss filled the album with generic EDM songs and most of the songs that could have been GREAT were poorly produced (Now That I Found You, Til Its Gone) :leaving:

The only song that sounds like a finished product is Work ***** and they ruined it with Work Work :arianabye:

1 minute ago, Hispanicney said:

Britney herself hates it. Let's move on. 

A little birdie told me Britney was pissed off that so many fans thought she'd try to foist off an album where she's not really singing.

There's only one verse on the whole album that's not her, and it's really obvious. Some others would say the high notes in Passenger. So like, 1% of the whole album isn't Britney as the main vocalist. That's no more than on past albums. She's barely singing in the pre-chorus to Toxic, she's not singing in the 'I'm running away, I've made up my mind now...' part in Cinderella, she's not singing the 'Oops, I did it again to your heart' section, she's not singing arts of Radar... I mean, go listen to the ******* demo of Toxic by Cathy Dennis and see how much you thought was Britney that isn't. Maybe some of you are just mad that your illusions were taken from you.

Archived