RCA's executive manager sends letter to radio stations about Make Me!

Hamper

7 hours ago, Code Geass said:

my station didn't even add MM to begin with

truth be told...they don't like Britney...

and yes it does depend on votes and stuff but they also know stans are the ones voting so they don't pay as much attention to those songs aside from when they are on the 'daily top 10 requested' list...

I kinda feel like they measure what they play by how many listeners they have when they play these songs.

for example my station belts Katy perry, JT, JB and Bon Jovi alllll day long... clearly ppl like their music around here

the once a month occasion they do play a Britney song like 'stronger' its on a throwback Thursday making Britney sound like a has been

What radio station is this?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Talking about radio, I wanted to share this. So I live on a little island at the end of the world and the big radio station never plays Britney (even if they play Rice every morning :whitneyshade: ) and today for the 1st time this morning, they played Make Me. :hype: After that they talked about the fact that she was going to perform at the VMAs and how beautiful she was :makeitrain: and how they were excited to see her again on award shows because after all she is the princess of pop. It made me so freaking happy. :gaspney:

2 minutes ago, Don't Keep Me Waiting said:

If RCA really wanted to put the heat on these stations that aren't playing Make Me, they would threaten to withhold Britney interviews and other interviews with RCA artists.

:mjpopcorn::hype: MJ and Prince teas. Back in the early 80's, their record companies had to fight to get them support on MTV and Rolling Stone by threatining to remove their white artists from video rotation and interviews. MJ soon released the best selling album of all time and Prince not only had an illustrious 35 year career, he became a legend.

GOOD.  I'm so glad they did. radio stations hardly support it and it's slowly getting radio play but it shouldn't take this long.  It's them!!! Not the GP or anyone else. BUT the radio stations themselves.  It's a song like no other on the radio right now.  All they do is play the same crap. I'm tired of JT and pink I mean like really?? 

For those who grew up during the BOMT up to the Britney era, let's be honest. Britney was never a singles artist - she has always been an albums artist. Although unbundling, beginning in 2006/2007 clearly hurt album sales thanks to digital services. In fact, she is rarely played on the radio during those eras (due to a lot of issues, Clear Channel, etc.) but she did manage to sell well and become iconic. The thing is, radio is so overrated. It's for the charts. Relevance needs to come from exposure - she needs to do a lot of TV promo - not necessarily go around the talk shows, but have a few iconic performances in award shows, etc.

Never mind radio. It has never been friendly to her, except during the Femme Fatale Era. But we need to have Glory debut at number 1. We desperately need to.

If you're looking for the floor in terms of Britney's sales (as far as genuinely new releases go) Britney Jean sold just 272K in the US, 107,000 in the first week (enough for number 4). Let's assume that this is her base, so 107,000 copies will be sold by default. The task is to make sure that 90-120,000 more people buy the album so that it creates the hype around the single (Make Me) and carry the album. Britney needs a number 1 - regardless of where it comes from, so that radio thinks she's a relevant and viable star. Hold It Against Me, Till The World Ends, and I Wanna Go got support from radio because radio considered her a viable and relevant star. 

I dont get why the gp doesnt support her more. 

Entertainment news shows always do blurbs about 'Britney and her boys' or 'Britney lookin bangin at her vegas show' 

Who listens to radio? Ppl driving home from work. Who has jobs? Not the generation who grew up with Britney! lmao. maybe thats why?

Really though - Britney is a household name and this album, and that song, is exemplifying exactly why we all know her name. 2001-2004 slayage is here again. The world is shifting. Radio needs to be aware this is not a drill. 

I'm glad someone is letting them know this. 

I... am actually very proud of RCA right now, wow. This was so sweet, and what I want to see more of. Make Me needed that kind of boost, it wasn't getting a fair shot at all. Go Joe Riccitelli. :clap1:

25 minutes ago, Anitta Elusive Chanteuse said:

If the label is supporting our queen, we need to get our **** together and do the same! :werk:

Let's stream the album till the world ends, once it comes out officially :ahhh:

:makesomenoise:

1 hour ago, camerasareflashin' said:

MAKE ME is weak and it didn't have propper promotion, we fans like it bc it's Britney but the GP is objective. RCA should move on and release a new single. 

:tiffanynod:

The GP is so objective they let songs like Can't Stop the Feeling, 7 years and Hotline Bling smash.

I can't at people saying Make Me is weak and overrating the GP's opinion. :leaving:

Archived