Re-Listening To 2001's "Britney" Album

28 minutes ago, GimmeTitney said:

I'm so happy see this album getting love. :crying2: My personal favorite, and I feel like it is largely underrated here. As a 19 year old girl, it really speaks to me and I know some of this album was for crossroads, but it definitely feels personal to me.

off topic but ı am a 19 year old girl, too:tehe:suddenly, ı felt so close to you:kiss:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, PlayingItSafe said:

Such a shame what happened to Aaliyah. Try Again is one of my all time faves and it seemed like she was on the verge of being huge globally :sobbing:  

:wendycry:

I KNEW HER AND GODNEY WERE GONNA BE INDUSTRY FRIENDS

SHE WAS GONNA BE IN THE SAME LEAGUE AS BRITNEY :mcry:

2 minutes ago, AaliyahNation1979 said:

:wendycry:

I KNEW HER AND GODNEY WERE GONNA BE INDUSTRY FRIENDS

SHE WAS GONNA BE IN THE SAME LEAGUE AS BRITNEY :mcry:

Her dancing was on point and I really liked her voice. She had the RnB thing going on though so if she were around today I'd say Beyonce would be really pressed by her success because she does that kind of music too. 

Oh I love this album. Slave 4 U was the song that converted me to a hardcore Britney fan. It still sounds good today. I don't like her cover of I Love Rock 'n' Roll but oh well. Every Britney album has at least one turkey of a song. Interesting fact - this album was originally gonna be called Shock Your Mind but it was changed and the Crossroads songs (ILRNR, INAGNWAY, Overprotected and maybe Bombastic Love, not sure what others) were not meant to be on it and were meant to be on a separate album.

1 hour ago, PlayingItSafe said:

Such a shame what happened to Aaliyah. Try Again is one of my all time faves and it seemed like she was on the verge of being huge globally :sobbing:  

That's one of my favourite Aaliyah songs, along with More Than A Woman, Rock The Boat, We Need A Resolution, Don't Know What To Tell Ya, Hot Like Fire and a song from one of her albums called Those Were The Days.

59 minutes ago, PlayingItSafe said:

Her dancing was on point and I really liked her voice. She had the RnB thing going on though so if she were around today I'd say Beyonce would be really pressed by her success because she does that kind of music too

Beyonce was interviewing Aaliyah and opening for Britney :tiffeyeroll:

1 hour ago, GimmeTitney said:

I'm so happy see this album getting love. :crying2: My personal favorite, and I feel like it is largely underrated here. As a 19 year old girl, it really speaks to me and I know some of this album was for crossroads, but it definitely feels personal to me.

Yes! It was my bible when I was in my late teens. Like I'm still in my early 20's, but INAGNYAW shaped who I was and helped me through some tough times. It's def a album that helps you become a woman

To Me, Britney is the album where she started experimenting with sound and found her own voice, and so it is very easily in my favorites of her's.

I used to listen to Lonely, Cinderella, Bombastic Love, and Let Me Be and thought I was such a little badass when I'd put on concerts to the album. :blol: Lord, the Britney era was so magical, tbh.

Archived