Glory: An album through and through.. but not a hit in sight.

IllPass

After unearthing the 'Glory' album one may have come to two conclusions.

I feel your response to this album as with any LP can be varied. To each their own and so forth.

But I feel once the initial euphoria wanes and good ole reality makes a reappearance there will be a blatant truth evident within the fanbase.

'Glory' is a mood album. It has an essential oomph a "je ne sais quoi" which never materialises into what I would deem a blockbuster hit.

It hits certain pillars and bounces on to the next one. It satisfies many desires in the fanbase which have gone neglected over the years.

This album is striking in the sense that it is an album, which we know Britney has had quite many fingerprints on and for this we salute her. Her voice more daring than the norm.

This is an album that as a whole is completely satisfying from a stan viewpoint.

To the everyday Joe. This album may appear somewhat flimsical.. too 'all-inclusive' too somewhat aghast at the objectives one has set for oneself.

To some it up. This is an album for the fans. It has never been so obviously targeted at her base.

And if you're a fan.. heck that ain't half bad at all!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I just wanted to stir the pot tbh. I enjoy you all too much :)

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm... I agree with you to a certain extent. Not all albums should be targeted for commercial success and appeal to the masses. After all, the fans are the ones that support the artist at the end of the day.

It's clearly an album in which a lot of work has been put and that's what makes me 100% satisfied. You can sense her commitment all over it.

Of course it depends of what happens next week and the following days in terms of promo. The majority of the world isn't precisely here waiting for a Britney Spears album, so of course it's very hard it becomes a 'hit'. With the right singles, the right videoclips, the proper exposure, it could become a hit though. Anything could happen.

Archived