AHH French Blackout sounds SO good but the French is not right and it kills it

grevan

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest willysilva
18 minutes ago, Jessicastjames said:

BqzjSR4.gif

gretchen cracks me up and makes me uncomfortable at the same time. it's amazing  Jessicastjames

and imgur doesn't work here btw

2 hours ago, stevefurysnaps said:

You guys realize the entire point of the song is that she CANT speak german? "I dont speak german but I can if youd like" She then makes up words that SOUND german. Its the entire point of the song. lol

You litteraly made an account just to say this :uknowit:

Guest willysilva
Just now, Jessicastjames said:

she is my second fave. I will never get over her. Help me honey, what site can i use to upload them so i can use them forever. tell me asap im desperate

tumbrl, giphy, photobucket :paper: 

4 hours ago, EdnKng said:

Sérieusement, vous avez compris les paroles de vous-mêmes ? Je déchiffre encore. :yesokay:

I am forgetting the outside world when you make, make love to me, love to me | x2 | J'oublie le monde quand tu fais, fais-moi l'amour, moi l'amour

Like blackouts | Comme des coupures électriques

I am forgetting the outside world when you make, make love to me, love to me | J'oublie le monde quand tu fais, fais-moi l'amour, moi l'amour

...Love to me | ...Moi l'amour

A moment with you, in the dark | x2 | Un moment avec toi, dans le noir

You are the light | x2 | Tu es la lumière

I am forgetting the outside world when you make, make love to me, love to me | x2 | J'oublie le monde quand tu fais, fais-moi l'amour, moi l'amour

I am forgetting the outside world when you make, make love to me, love to me | J'oublie le monde quand tu fais, fais-moi l'amour, moi l'amour

37 minutes ago, Oliver T said:

Stop bullshitting. I'm a native speaker, and she sounds better than 80% of the non-french-speaking Americans ;)

Which is not saying much, though. :explainlol:

Just now, Sam. Winchester. said:

:orangu2:  :orangu2:

4 hours ago, Oliver T said:

Stop bullshitting. I'm a native speaker, and she sounds better than 80% of the non-french-speaking Americans ;)

+ U studied French Canadian, so yeah :dontlike:

You dont learn French Canadian in school. French Canadian is Quebecois which is not what I speak or can even understand. 

The point Im making is the pronunciations are off, better than what other Americans could do or not. You cant say they're not. Now if it was intentional to be cute, ok fine. I still love the song. 

My critique of the french is in the most loving way possible.

2 minutes ago, grevan said:

You dont learn French Canadian in school. French Canadian is Quebecois which is not what I speak or can even understand. 

The point Im making is the pronunciations are off, better than what other Americans could do or not. You cant say they're not. Now if it was intentional to be cute, ok fine. I still love the song. 

My critique of the french is in the most loving way possible.

Don't know if you meant to quote me or not but yeah I think any french speaking person can agree that her enunciation isn't the best :dontlike:

But the song still slays :jumpney:

3 hours ago, TyWalker said:

WTF did you expect. Perfect French from someone who most likely hasn't learned much/any of the language?

She tries something new like everyone wanted, and there's always some who immediately make fun and drag her down

Im not trying to drag her or make fun of her. I think the song sounds amazing, it just wouldnt take a lot to ask a French speaking person if 'monde' is pronounced 'mond' or 'mond-ay'

Still gonna bop to the song dont get me wrong

Archived