There goes #1 debut.

ShaneBritneyFan

6 minutes ago, PraiseQueenBrit said:

:cigney:

it does help songs a lot tho that is actual tea, and streams for sure. But sales just don't automatically skyrocket for albums cuz of a performance. 

i'm sure it'll help make me more than the actual album, people simply don't buy albums anymore. :cigney: i was predicting 70-80k before the VMA's were announced and now i'll say maybe 100k or so. not expecting any more more than that, if she exceeds my expectations i will bow down.

5 minutes ago, button said:

You're badly mistaken. Britney's music is very promo-sensitive. Do you think everyone knew Britney released BJ when it was out? :ricackle:

Britney didn't flop because her music was bad or something. Did she ever perform during that era? She just had a bad marketing plan. 

Think logically, if she did 107k without being visible to the majority, how much can she do with such exposure? Britney was successful during an era where people loved buying album. There is a nostalgia factor.

the market is constantly declining though so a 107k opening for glory would actually be great for 2016. it's all relative. it'll be hard for her to top BJ's opening week numbers in my opinion. if she matches them i would consider that a huge success. like i said, i would love to be wrong and see her sell 120k, 130k, 140k, 150k but i don't think people understand how difficult that is to achieve these days. so that's just not what my gut is telling me she'll do. as britney says, we'll just have to wait and see. :truthtea:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, -ididitagain- said:

i'm sure it'll help make me more than the actual album, people simply don't buy albums anymore. :cigney: i was predicting 70-80k before the VMA's were announced and now i'll say maybe 100k or so. not expecting any more more than that, if she exceeds my expectations i will bow down.

the market is constantly declining though so a 107k opening for glory would actually be great for 2016. it's all relative. it'll be hard for her to top BJ's opening week numbers in my opinion. if she matches them i would consider that a huge success. like i said, i would love to be wrong and see her sell 120k, 130k, 140k, 150k but i don't think people understand how difficult that is to achieve these days. so that's just not what my gut is telling me she'll do. as britney says, we'll just have to wait and see. :truthtea:

I was really fine with Barbara, FGL and even travis scott cuz they're competition but it's not that serious

but Frank Ocean is a VERY VERY big threat, and I didn't think he would drop until September cuz that was the original "plan." So now i'm beyond shook, and if she has to compete with him we can say hello to #2 on the BB200.

7 minutes ago, -ididitagain- said:

I consider those 107k sales from her fanbase. Whoever brought Britney ******* Jean is still a Britney fan nowadays. Those who cut their ties with the queen obviously boycotted the album and jumped ship earlier to the album release.

The market's sales declining concerns the general public.

And like I said Britney surely will attract the older album-buying audience of her generation by exposing herself at the VMA. 107k would be disastrous.

4 minutes ago, button said:

I consider those 107k sales from her fanbase. Whoever brought Britney ******* Jean is still a Britney fan nowadays. Those who cut their ties with the queen obviously boycotted the album and jumped ship earlier to the album release.

The market's sales declining concerns the general public.

And like I said Britney surely will attract the older album-buying audience of her generation. 107k would be disastrous.

No marketing sales decline concerns the fanbase as well, we are people just the same as everyone else. 

And will she? She didn't do that last time lol. And many of those people may no longer want to be fans of hers. 

Frank Ocean meanwhile is relevant amongst a huge swath of teenagers and millennials, Britney has a shaky mix up of fans right now. Britney isn't cool.

15 minutes ago, PraiseQueenBrit said:

No marketing sales decline concerns the fanbase as well, we are people just the same as everyone else. 

And will she? She didn't do that last time lol. And many of those people may no longer want to be fans of hers. 

Frank Ocean meanwhile is relevant amongst a huge swath of teenagers and millennials, Britney has a shaky mix up of fans right now. Britney isn't cool.

You don't blend the fans and the GP when it comes to the music industry. There is a reason this distinction exists. Fans LOVE to buy not only a copy of the album, but multiple of them (deluxe, standard etc). Come on. Aren't you going to buy one yourself? Or are sales declining preventing you from doing so? :riha:

What did she do that reminded the older generation of her exactly? What was "last time"? 

Hype doesn't mean ****. Glory was the #1 trend in the world when it was announced. 

Just now, button said:

You don't blend the fans and the GP when it comes to the music industry. There is a reason this distinction exists. Fans LOVE the buy not only a copy of the album, but multiple of them. Come on. Aren't you going to buy one yourself? Or are sales declining preventing you from doing so? :riha:

What did she do that reminded the older generation of her exactly? What was "last time"? 

Hype doesn't mean ****. Glory was also the #1 trend in the world when it was announced. 

doesn't mean more fans are willing to stream the album than buy it nowadays. And no I'm buying it but I only buy hers and Rihanna's albums, never any other artist's, so it's not that mindblowing if others don't either. Have you not seen Britney decline in sales every year since 2008 with her albums if you really think her fans are buying the album less and less lmfao don't drag yourself sis. 

Last time I'm saying the older generation didn't buy Britney Jean, and a VMA performance isn't gonna mind blowingly change that when not even my sisters who were stans of her back when she was popular would buy it...they're gonna stream it or ignore it. They'll watch the performance and be like oh cool. 

Hype means everything dumbie. And this isn't his album that just came out, it's just a visual album, now his real album, a separate project will drop this weekend according to some. That will be our competition. 

20 minutes ago, PraiseQueenBrit said:

doesn't mean more fans are willing to stream the album than buy it nowadays. And no I'm buying it but I only buy hers and Rihanna's albums, never any other artist's, so it's not that mindblowing if others don't either. Have you not seen Britney decline in sales every year since 2008 with her albums if you really think her fans are buying the album less and less lmfao don't drag yourself sis. 

Last time I'm saying the older generation didn't buy Britney Jean, and a VMA performance isn't gonna mind blowingly change that when not even my sisters who were stans of her back when she was popular would buy it...they're gonna stream it or ignore it. They'll watch the performance and be like oh cool. 

Hype means everything dumbie. And this isn't his album that just came out, it's just a visual album, now his real album, a separate project will drop this weekend according to some. That will be our competition. 

Lol you think Circus sold 525k because of her fans? That was Womanizer + the GP who wanted to help her get back on her feet. 276k of Femme Fatale was not her fans solely either. She had hits during the era, the GP obviously bought her album. Britney Jean's numbers are a pure representation of her fanbase. Did she have a TTWE, a #1 pop song on radio or a collab with Rihanna during Britney Jean? Do you get what I mean? 

Just because your sisters didn't care doesn't mean everyone is else is gonna pay the album dust. You have to look at it on a larger scale. The VMA this year will probably have a huge peak in ratings. 

I'll say it again: hype means ****. Make Me had hype in her fanbase. It peaked in its first week. What you're seeing on twitter is pure fanbase hype and you'll see tons of it on Britney's twitter with each release. I don't even have an estimation of this hype. Did he trend on twitter yet? 

My cousin's neighbour is releasing a Nursey Rhymes album also, bye #1 :kidcries:

Could y'all have like more faith in her, I mean you're considering every random artist as a serious threat :grimace:

How do you want to her to be considered as successful if her own fanbase think she isn't, seriously ppl her believe she'll debut with 40k :whitneyshade:

11 minutes ago, ChrisBritSlo said:

Some of you have no faith in her. Like zero

She has no hits this era

a **** video

loss of relevance + no comeback push

We are really just hoping the release week promo gives her some type of a boost, but it really isn't much of a difference going on. 

7 minutes ago, button said:

Lol you think Circus sold 525k because of her fans? That was Womanizer + the GP who wanted to help her get back on her feet. 276k of Femme Fatale was not her fans solely either. She had hits during the era, the GP obviously bought her album. Britney Jean's numbers are a pure representation of her fanbase. Did she have a TTWE or a #1 pop song on radio during Britney Jean? Do you get what I mean? 

Just because your sisters didn't care doesn't mean everyone is else is gonna pay the album dust. You have to look at it on a larger scale. The VMA this year will probably have a huge peak in ratings. 

I'll say it again: hype means ****. Make Me had hype in her fanbase. It peaked in its first week. What you're seeing on twitter is pure fanbase hype and you'll see tons of it on Britney's twitter with each release. I don't even heave an estimation of this hype. Did he trend on twitter yet? 

Okay obviously, Britney Jean wasn't just her "fans" as well. Whatever you define it as. People knew Britney Jean came out, it's not invisible. It has one of her main hits this decade Work *****. 

And yes my sisters and her friends her age they no longer see Britney as relevant. They are gonna watch the VMA's, and they like Britney, but to act like they follow Britney is not gonna happen. Plus they probably buy albums less than this generation even does lol. They don't have time for it. 

Well Britney is not a longevity artist, she needs that hype for a big first week. After she'll tumble. Frank Ocean has major hype anyone my age will tell you that is gonna be one of the best sellers of the year. And yes he trended, but this isn't his album. It's a visual album on Apple Music. People are waiting for his new album to pop up. He's releasing two separate bodies of work. That's when you'll see all his songs in the top 10 of apple music. 

1 hour ago, -ididitagain- said:

oh of course i did. anybody who isn't saying "GODNEY IS SELLING 200K AND SNATCHING #1 WITH EASE" is at risk at getting downvoted too, i knew that was coming. :ricackle: what's worse though is that i was predictably personally attacked for it too. sad how some of them can't even respectfully disagree and have a mature discussion about it. i don't think everybody has to agree with me but the way some of them handle it is sickening.

People down right attacked me because I voiced how unhappy I was with her Make Me POM performance and I mean aggressive, nasty stuff, filled with hate. It's pathetic.

3 hours ago, button said:

1) He did 131k in 2011. Not a force at all. :surething:

3) He's a queer hip-hop artist. Do YOU really think he'd get support from the urban audience à la Drake? He came out after his first album for further details. 

Frank Ocean has a lot of fans and respect within the hip-hop community and music community in general. You have to be living under a rock not to know this. 

His album will sell a lot. It's been highly anticipated for 3 years now. And he's far more socially acceptable by the general public than Britney. 

Archived