In what era she lost most fans : 2001? 2003? 2007?2011?2013?

Xtianadoresbritney

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's hard to say how it was in 2001 'cause the internet wasn't a thing back then, I think she gained some and lost some. I was 10 yr old then and I loved the change :)

But from my observations I would say 2007,not just after the breakdown but after the VMAs performance. 

*She went from selling 20 million with Oops to 11 million with Britney but what she lost were not exactly fans. Just kids who were not allowed to buy her album by their parents after Slave. And I think she actually gained true/hardcore fans with the 2001 transition. I'd say the same about 2003. 

*The "fans" she lost in 2007 were not fans to begin with. That's all I'll say. 

And I think we're confusing GP and fans.

-> 2001, 2003 and 2007 were GP losses.

-> 2011 and 2013 were true fan losses

I think 2013 hurt her the most. Britney Jean was unprecedented. :decisions:

1. When she changed her image in "Britney" era - she lost her many teeny boppers demograpic fan. It started to get worse in In the Zone where she became too ****** for Basic Swift and Salala Gomos type of crowd

2. When she got married to Kevin and had long break between ITZ and Blackout. Then came 2007 fiasco with the whole breakdown thing. This was the time where she got tons of negative publicity 

3. While she gained fans in Circus, many of the "casual" fans moved on from her during Femme Fatale era due to her lack of interest to promote (lackluster performances, basic interviews). This was also the time when she became very discreet and the media in general did not go crazy on her as much and shifted their focus on basic ******* like Beyonka :nyheadache:

4. Then came Brontosaurus Juanita and Petty Gurlz. No explanation needed :leaving:

you guys know the top spot of toxic? crazy? oops i did it again? slave for u? etc etc. None of them hit number 1...most of them didnt even reach top 10 in the Hot 100. The most number 1 hits came after womanizer so i think her fanbase only got bigger after that.

Archived