In what era she lost most fans : 2001? 2003? 2007?2011?2013?

Xtianadoresbritney

1 hour ago, button said:

*She went from selling 20 million with Oops to 11 million with Britney but what she lost were not exactly fans. Just kids who were not allowed to buy her album by their parents after Slave. And I think she actually gained true/hardcore fans with the 2001 transition. I'd say the same about 2003. 

*The "fans" she lost in 2007 were not fans to begin with. That's all I'll say. 

And I think we're confusing GP and fans.

-> 2001, 2003 and 2007 were GP losses.

-> 2011 and 2013 were true fan losses

I think 2013 hurt her the most. Britney Jean was unprecedented. :decisions:

Exactly how I feel :soyeah:

I remember going to school the day after the Slave VMA performance and people were coming up to me like "oh my god she was amazing, my mom won't let me watch her videos anymore." But we all found ways to still watch it and be obsessed with her.

The same thing with the 2003 VMAs, I remember my mom being like woah, but then she was like she is going to be up there with Madonna and MJ forever. (my mom is also a stan, but mostly because she was forced to accompany me to everything Britney related until Circus).

The 2007 VMAs, I remember walking in to class and everyone bashing her, asking me how I could still be a fan, and I was so lost. Like I love her, she had a bad night, why would I stop being a fan? And then I realized the GP was definitely not behind her anymore. 

I remember when Womanizer came out, everyone was like omg this is amazing, love it, but they weren't like a fan of her, just the song. They didn't care that she was appearing to be fine and moving again. 

Femme Fatale I remember watching the Jimmy KImmel performances with my then roommate and her being like Kenzie this is bad....and she was also a lifetime stan, so then I knew it was bad. 

Then came Brinny Jean and it was like what is this album? But I like Work *****, so whatevs :ugh:

I think people were so hurt with BJ because we were told it was so personal and it was the opposite.

But honestly, so far Glory is AMAZING and it's sounding like everything she said it was going to be.

I'll get over the video, I'll get over her canceling my POM show (especially if she IS doing the VMAs). This era seems pretty good so far.

Hopefully we see some great promo before/after the album drops next week! :ahhh:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The GP lost interest after 2007 well in the UK anyway.

She regained some love again when she came back as everyone was rooting for her. But after Circus was over everyone who loved her as a kid also grew up and moved on, unlike me... A Stan since 1999 (UK release of BOMT single and album)

Now nobody will listen to her new music because they instantly 'hate it', when they haven't even heard it.

(Well in the UK anyway) :whitneyshade:

Archived