Premiere: Listen To Britney Spears' New 'Glory' Dance Cut "Clumsy"

Jordan Miller

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're quite right. Clumsy's verses and prechorus are more like Beyonce's song, but the chorus is sooo uninspired and lacklustre. This part is anything but similar to Daddy Lessons. What a shame because it kinda sounds unfinished. A good chorus would make Clumsy amazing. That EDM inspired bit is atrocious.

9 minutes ago, -ididitagain- said:

i mean i'm confused because i see people predictably coming for femme fatale now and talking about how generic it is as compared to glory (we already know FF is generic however it is still a great album) but my question is how is clumsy NOT basic? it's a standard pop song about...***! what a fresh and original topic. and a instrumental breakdown in the chorus? gasp, never heard that before either. they even abandoned writing a real chorus just for that breakdown, that may be the most "daring" part of clumsy lmao. if any other pop girl released it you all would be calling it basic and would likely be trashing it so i'm just curious. like clumsy all you want though but please stop calling songs like TTWE basic to defend clumsy as if clumsy is experimental in any way, shape, or form.

People are comparing FF to Glory because, although FF was a solid album, it was all electro-dance music, with each song have the same structure. Britney's vocal melodies were incredibly simple and then drowned out by autotuned background vocals. She had writing credits on one song, possibly a second, and was fairly uninterested in the album. Glory comes after FF and Bj (less said the better), and it screams ''I, BRITNEY SPEARS, AM IN CONTROL''. The tracks are nowhere near as simple (they were wellproduced but simple) as FF. Clumsy has a funk to it, and the vocals are relatively clean and incredibly alive. She's invested. TTWE was recorded in 15 minutes, and the rest was up to producers. Yes, TTWE was fresh for us, it was a new vibe for Britney, but it wasn't what she wanted to do.ย 

Clumsy has character, has vocals and has an invested Britney.ย TTWE didn't.

for me clumsy is dated, but come on, some people has basic tastes. so I don't care about that, britney have to make songs for all the types of people and im good with that... yasss brinniย :myjam:

3 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

People are comparing FF to Glory because, although FF was a solid album, it was all electro-dance music, with each song have the same structure. Britney's vocal melodies were incredibly simple and then drowned out by autotuned background vocals. She had writing credits on one song, possibly a second, and was fairly uninterested in the album. Glory comes after FF and Bj (less said the better), and it screams ''I, BRITNEY SPEARS, AM IN CONTROL''. The tracks are nowhere near as simple (they were wellproduced but simple) as FF. Clumsy has a funk to it, and the vocals are relatively clean and incredibly alive. She's invested. TTWE was recorded in 15 minutes, and the rest was up to producers. Yes, TTWE was fresh for us, it was a new vibe for Britney, but it wasn't what she wanted to do.ย 

Clumsy has character, has vocals and has an invested Britney.ย TTWE didn't.

SLAY

Archived