Premiere: Listen To Britney Spears' New 'Glory' Dance Cut "Clumsy"

Jordan Miller

15 minutes ago, agirlnamedlucky said:

I can't believe how alive and energetic she sounds - those VOCALS!! I really love that jazzy vibe it has - so unexpected! That PopCrush article did it no justice by comparing this to WB and TTWE. Could totally see this being a single. 

And to the people complaining about there being "no chorus" - there are tons of songs being played on repeat on the radio right now with more instrumental type choruses. The verses and prechoruses are so busy and intricate that it's actually better that the chorus has some breathing room - AND will allow for big dance moments if/when she performs this live (she should!).

TTWE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Clumsy

:frenchy:

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, floopy22 said:

Heavy vocal effects? No... EQ, Compressor, DeEsser, Soft Clip, Echo, Reverb. These are pretty standard effects used on EVERY recording. You don't just put raw recordings on a song, because it will sound dry and unnatural. There might be some slight pitch correction going on but it's hard to tell because if there is it's very subtle (coming from someone with a trained ear).

21 minutes ago, floopy22 said:

Heavy vocal effects? No... EQ, Compressor, DeEsser, Soft Clip, Echo, Reverb. These are pretty standard effects used on EVERY recording. You don't just put raw recordings on a song, because it will sound dry and unnatural. There might be some slight pitch correction going on but it's hard to tell because if there is it's very subtle (coming from someone with a trained ear).

The effects are quite striking in some parts. I don't know why I'm getting all the down votes.. 

as i said it's not necessary on this song, Producers shouldn't do this to her voice. MM proves this.  

I never said to have raw, un edited vocals on the final version, but they should have toned down the 'over correction'. 

that's just my opinion. nothing more, nothing less. 

Don't mean to be repetitive, but HELLO The vocal arrangements on this album! Glory Hallelujah Godney has graced us again! Brits coming for those Grammys. (Well not really; we know she gives zero fucka about awards/accolades) but come on Grammy officials. This is pure pop gold being passed down from our Queen. Go B!

30 minutes ago, Someone Who Knows said:

LOL there is always a market for dance music k??? People like me who are not so big on the first couple of songs, have been waiting for this.

In Europe where Dance music has been always more succesful than in the US, Dance music is pretty influenced by Disclosure or Disciples, for instance, however Clumsy sounds dated for me, k???????

Anyway, Glory is going to be glorious, so if u don't like my opinion, just ignore it:cooltshirt:

Archived