Remember when everyone hated this video too?

MeowBurglar

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HIAM isn't one of her strongest videos. The cuts are so quick I get dizzy, the ads are ridiculous (plenty of fish ugh), and Britney seemed unhappy. Plus, the MEN stunt doubles they used were an insult imo. It had a good story line, but awful directing. Not one of her strongest videos. :dontlike:

That being said, it's wayyyyyyy better than the MM video. At least it had some sort of vision and artistic direction :thetea: 

6 hours ago, BeyRaeGrande said:

No I'm sorry. HIAM was always one of my favorite videos since it came out, but fans hated it bc dancing :NYheadache:

but it it was artistic and a departure from the typical Britney we were getting and I respected that sfm. 

Make Me isn't artistic it's just trash

OMG, i remember the meltdowns about the dancing -_-, i was so happy to get something meaningful, quite dark, bit violent, something new in that breakdown/fight scene and fans were distracted because they were angry because we got no dancing in tha breakdown eventho we got that 100 times before AND at the end of the vid. -_-

but yes i agree, HIAM is a great video by a great director! one of my personal fav's vids of her and IMO also one of her best. I prefer Make Me as a song, but the video, despite her looking good and healthy, sucks ***. 

1 hour ago, Draw The Blinds said:

HIAM isn't one of her strongest videos. The cuts are so quick I get dizzy, the ads are ridiculous (plenty of fish ugh), and Britney seemed unhappy. Plus, the MEN stunt doubles they used were an insult imo. It had a good story line, but awful directing. Not one of her strongest videos. :dontlike:

That being said, it's wayyyyyyy better than the MM video. At least it had some sort of vision and artistic direction :thetea: 

You gotta be kidding me? I was actually wondering who directed it, because it's perfect from start to finish and you wish MM video ads had been subtle as this one. Non-fans hardly noticed the plentyoffish thing because it's not jarring like a tv showing different ads. 

2 minutes ago, PieceofBritney said:

You gotta be kidding me? I was actually wondering who directed it, because it's perfect from start to finish and you wish MM video ads had been subtle as this one. Non-fans hardly noticed the plentyoffish thing because it's not jarring like a tv showing different ads. 

I don't know how you can miss the plenty of fish thing, she sits down on a computer in the middle of the song to surf profiles and find a dude lol It has nothing to do with the story line it's probably the longest shot in the video, they even extend the music so you can see it real good :thetea:

And it's actually a stunt double that does it not even Britney :rihcackle:

6 hours ago, Da Fr3ak said:

I actually liked it back then and still like it now. Very different videos. I can see why people don't like it. Her energy obviously wasn't completely there. Her hair and makeup isn't that great.

yes, she looks better and has way more spark in MM. The videos are very different though, and HIAM has more effort put into it than the half assed MM video that probably took one day to film and the next to edit.

I agree.

She looks really healthy and happy in the Make Me video... which is why I have a soft spot for it. The storyline could have been better and made more sense, but I still like the MM video

55 minutes ago, Draw The Blinds said:

I don't know how you can miss the plenty of fish thing, she sits down on a computer in the middle of the song to surf profiles and find a dude lol It has nothing to do with the story line it's probably the longest shot in the video, they even extend the music so you can see it real good :thetea:

And it's actually a stunt double that does it not even Britney :rihcackle:

You do know normal people don't overanalyze music videos like her fans do right? It's not jarring, like I said, as ads nowadays are. I mean that fitness add in MM is so distasteful and looks out of the place. Then again I was talking about GP not fans, they don't care that's a body double. lol

There's so many things messy about the video including the body doubles, super flashy editing, Britney herself being not in a best shape etc, but at least it was an interesting great concept and it actually came into existing (AND has the seen light of day) :sickofu:

2 minutes ago, seanl3s said:

it took me a while to get into femme fatale, initially i didn't think i liked much of the tracks but now it's my fave britney album. strange how things work out

I was just listening to Seal it with a Kiss...and I was like it is good...why did I hate Femme Fatale during the era but I'm loving it now....I think it's mostly because us fans overthink and overanalyze everything to the point of hating it. 

9 hours ago, Glory(Hole) said:

Sorry but i can't for the life of me understand how anyone can think HIAM is one of her best videos. 

Jump cuts every 2 seconds ,body doubles everywhere.,stiff and boring choreo and Britney looking bored out of her mind through out the whole thing. It's also got some really tacky outfits and ads.

Not even close to being one of her best.  :frenchy:

My thoughts exactly. The o my thing I like about the video is the breakdown where she fights herself. The rest is so tacky. 

Archived