This is the first time I am posting here because after all the meltdowns I felt the need to express my vision of things. I think the LaChapelle version of the video SUCKS (and you know it too but you're just too mad now to admit it). I was hyped too after the first LQ short leaks but when I saw the longer version of it it was just...underwhelming. The G-eazy part was not artistic at all, it looked cheaper than the new video, and the dead man in the pool was just pushing the envelope for the sake of controversy. Again, tasteless. I was pissed off too when the video premiered, but I don't think the other version would have been better. I only liked the dancing in the beginning and the cage sequence. Even though we would have wanted to keep her videography intact and flawless, let's just accept this turn of events and hope that the next single will get a better treatment. 

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The G-eazy parts are not quite the same. In the original it looked like he's ******* Britney (a cheap **** version of it). I told you I liked the coregraphy and it would've been nice if they kept those scenes, but who knows what was the actual problem? My point was to let it go and hope for the best with Glory, VMA's and Carpool Karaoke :cooltshirt:

And also why so many dislikes in my reputation? Why so much hate in this forum?

24 minutes ago, bog.bhs said:

This is the first time I am posting here because after all the meltdowns I felt the need to express my vision of things. I think the LaChapelle version of the video SUCKS (and you know it too but you're just too mad now to admit it). I was hyped too after the first LQ short leaks but when I saw the longer version of it it was just...underwhelming. The G-eazy part was not artistic at all, it looked cheaper than the new video, and the dead man in the pool was just pushing the envelope for the sake of controversy. Again, tasteless. I was pissed off too when the video premiered, but I don't think the other version would have been better. I only liked the dancing in the beginning and the cage sequence. Even though we would have wanted to keep her videography intact and flawless, let's just accept this turn of events and hope that the next single will get a better treatment. 

sis....

red glitter *******

that can't suck no matter how hard you want it to :soyeah:

7 minutes ago, StepIntotheClub said:

sis....

red glitter *******

that can't suck no matter how hard you want it to :soyeah:

Oh, the implications of this post. Happy accidents :cuteneylaugh:

4 minutes ago, DirtyMind said:

Wait.  Why is it okay for everyone to judge the leaked footage when they love it, but it's wrong to judge it if they don't?  :britstare11:

Double standards are fun, aren't they? :truthtea:

8 minutes ago, Bombastic Love said:

I don't think the video was finished either. I think David would have made the ads in the tv more realistic looking. Also when the tv is underwater, the video is in front of the water. He would have fixed things like that.

He's not the one who does the post-processing stuff like that. It was put there literally in the cheapest way possible just to give the idea where the products are going to appear.

Just now, Miss Cootie said:

Um no you can't. This is why artists don't show artowrk that hasn't been finished. Would u judge a half finished painting? Half finished make-up? A half finished Britney song? U are not seeing the full potential, ur not seeing the VISION the director has. U are not in his head; U don't know what he's got up his sleeve.
And why are we asking for it to be released? Idk. lol. I'm not. I think msot ppl are unaware the video isn't actually finished because they don't know what to look for.

See above. U jsut can't envision it. Liking something requires less reasoning behind it rather than "hating" or "disliking" something. U could dislike the video because of the coloring or the messiness of it, which all would have been fixed in the end. Or you could have disliked it for lack of continuity, soemthing that Lachapelle might have edited had the vid not been scrapped. Generally judging soemthing that is unfinished is kind of silly. 

I guess you're right about not judging an unfinished project, although I will say that other people have been requesting it despite the possibility that it might have been scrapped partway into production.

As for the double standards, it doesn't help that contesting a popular negative opinion requires explanation.

3 minutes ago, Brainulator9 said:

Still, if it was finished, stuff like that would have been fleshed out.

It could have been a final cut waiting for approval but they wanted to have everything settled for sure before FX people actually put the ads in a professional way. It takes some time so it would be pointless adding them before editing is approved.

Archived