Music is waay more important than visuals

Cappycorn87

This is for the dumbasses who think the video for Make Me hurts the era.  The song is still doing well

That and Private Show have been received very well and have done very well.

I've said this before about some of you and I will say it again

Some of you think stupid and never smart.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone in the comments shading the song becaus of the video so....

Hate so say that but R.I.P. Make Me :crying4:

Maybe performances can save it tho I don't know:crying11:

Edit: Those youtube comments not so important actually I don't why I said that :britstare:

It depends on the artist obviously, but with Britney, that's not the case. Her videos made her music iconic for sure and it's delusional to deny that. I love the music we have so far, for sure but music videos are really important to me as well. They really make songs memorable and create a moment for sure :drinky: I love MM the song obviously, it won't change but I'm done with y'all trying to find excuses to diminish the negative impact that the video has, you can't deny that Britney was always more of a visual artist and her videos are one of the most iconic things about her along with her performances and those videos and performances definitely propel her music which makes it iconic as well :drinky:

3 minutes ago, BratzBitch said:

It depends on the artist obviously, but with Britney, that's not the case. Her videos made her music iconic for sure and it's delusional to deny that. I love the music we have so far, for sure but music videos are really important to me as well. They really make songs memorable and create a moment for sure :drinky: I love MM the song obviously, it won't change but I'm done with y'all trying to find excuses to diminish the negative impact that the video has is really annoying, you can't deny that Britney was always more of a visual artist and her videos are one of the most iconic things about her along with her performances and those videos and performances definitely propel her music which makes it iconic as well :drinky:

this and only this

I LOOOOOVE music videos but I love music more. When I listen to a cd, I have my own imagination and I don't really need a music video to actually enjoy a song. So I do get the disapointment for Make Me (and some old videos britney did) but at the end, I am happy she is still doing music, releasing an album (can't believe it's already album 9 !!!! I remember the excitement when I bought her first album) BUT we will get more music videos. I do remember I was really disapoiinted with the music video of ME AGAINST THE MUSIC but I LOVED the Toxic video which was the second single. So I want to be positive and believe her second single will be just fire !!!

Just now, avaaa said:

Everyone in the comments shading the song becaus of the video so....

Hate so say that but R.I.P. Make Me :crying4:

Maybe performances can save it tho I don't know:crying11:

Edit: Those youtube comments not so important actually I don't why I said that :britstare:

Thank god you came to your senses

Ok you're delusional if you think videos aren't important, especially for Britney :sickofu:

When you think of her early hits, her videos/performances are why those songs are remembered. BOMT, Oops, Slave, and Toxic would not be as iconic as they are today without their videos/performances :yaknow:

Her videos are special because they propel her music to a whole other level. These days it's more important than ever because radio is trying to move away from Britney to other artists, so she needs something to bring her back into the game.

And Private Show is mainly only well-received by her fans who can appreciate her music, I saw a lot of negative comments about it on her Facebook. It's kind of expected since it's so experimental 

Just now, BritneyRocksMe said:

Ok you're delusional if you think videos aren't important, especially for Britney :sickofu:

When you think of her early hits, her videos/performances are why those songs are remembered. BOMT, Oops, Slave, and Toxic would not be as iconic as they are today without their videos/performances :yaknow:

Her videos are special because they propel her music to a whole other level. These days it's more important than ever because radio is trying to move away from Britney to other artists, so she needs something to bring her back into the game.

And Private Show is mainly only well-received by her fans who can appreciate her music, I saw a lot of negative comments about it on her Facebook. It's kind of expected since it's so experimental 

No No hun

There were folks who were not interested in her like that like the song

Music will always be more important than visuals.  Blackout is a great example because the visuals were not that great but the music.  The album got to platinum off the strength of the music.

Just now, Cappycorn87 said:

No No hun

There were folks who were not interested in her like that like the song

Music will always be more important than visuals.  Blackout is a great example because the visuals were not that great but the music.  The album got to platinum off the strength of the music.

The song has some exposure, it's a new genre for her, so I'm not surprised that there are other people liking the song outside of us

I'm saying that the video helps reach a wider audience so that the music can actually be appreciated by more than just the fans

Blackout is different because she was always talked about, she was hot news. She had controversy surrounding her which automatically propelled her music. Gimme More had a boost because of the VMAs. People were already interested in her at the time, which is why her music was selling. Circus was in a similar vein

Just now, BritneyRocksMe said:

The song has some exposure, it's a new genre for her, so I'm not surprised that there are other people liking the song outside of us

I'm saying that the video helps reach a wider audience so that the music can actually be appreciated by more than just the fans

Blackout is different because she was always talked about, she was hot news. She had controversy surrounding her which automatically propelled her music. Gimme More had a boost because of the VMAs. People were already interested in her at the time, which is why her music was selling. Circus was in a similar vein

So I shut down what you said concerning PS.

Like I said, Blackout sold well because the music was good, because if the album was bad then it would've flopped.  Its not that hard to understand hun.

Archived