Music is waay more important than visuals

Cappycorn87

12 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

TTWE is not a bad video :xcuseme:

I get that but the difference was those songs didn't need it for exposure. Britney was out there during those songs lives. MM actually needed a great video. Just like WB who did get one and did good because of it. 

Honestly, do you think Britney's 'live' performances after the initial promo during the 'Circus' era helped her?  Every televised promo performance  for Femme Fatale HURT her career, in my eyes. I was hoping that she would just stop embarrassing herself. Those lack luster performances proved nothing except that Britney couldn't dance like she use to ,even if her life depended on it, and lipsync on stage no matter who was singing live next to her.  :MJ:

TTWE is soo forgettable though, but its not bad. I just don't like it.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It depends on the artist obviously, but with Britney, that's not the case. Her videos made her music iconic for sure and it's delusional to deny that. I love the music we have so far, for sure but music videos are really important to me as well. They really make songs memorable and create a moment for sure :drinky: I love MM the song obviously, it won't change but I'm done with y'all trying to find excuses to diminish the negative impact that the video has, you can't deny that Britney was always more of a visual artist and her videos are one of the most iconic things about her along with her performances and those videos and performances definitely propel her music which makes it iconic as well :drinky:

this. for britney her music and music videos go hand in hand ala slave, toxic, bomt, oops, work b, gimme more, womanizer :drinky:

Where have some of you fans been the past 10 years?  

With the exception of "Womanizer",(the COMEBACK music video), none of Britneys music videos since 2005 have become memorable staples of her career, outside the fanbase. Britney the performance artist / entertainer  has been gone long enough for ya'll to know that her good music is the main thing that has kept her popular; during this period where we scream Godney anytime she does choreography for at least 10 consecutive seconds. :myjam:

Her music videography, nor live performances(lol), from 2005 to NOW  is not the reason behind  her success anymore. The music quality, good and bad, have been the main cause for her success , and  lack of, for the past 11 years.

Archived