aren't you guys worried about the content of B9 ?

Kuzco

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well she needs to be in the spotlight with that album.

And after that i hope she will do that kind of stuff.

Original doll had songs that tolk about war,piece and gay rights.(buzzfeed)

She wants to do it. But  she needs to make people talk about her with the usual ***,love and dance songs so someone would listen to her mature stuff.:tbh:

I get where you're coming from but at the same time I dont think she should try hard to be something that she isn't. If it happens naturally thats great, but she shouldn't be like 'i need to release a meaningful song now' because it wont come off as genuine. She's a pop artist, first and foremost and that wont really change.

1 hour ago, David Rose said:

I get where you're coming from but at the same time I dont think she should try hard to be something that she isn't. If it happens naturally thats great, but she shouldn't be like 'i need to release a meaningful song now' because it wont come off as genuine. She's a pop artist, first and foremost and that wont really change.

well i didn't say that she needs to create an album exactly like Lemonade or like something Kendrick would sing about

she can put songs like Stronger in her album , songs about empowerment 

or something like Black Or White by Michael 

i think people would accept that , even from Britney :mhm: 

I'm sorry but I respectfully disagree with some of the comments in this thread.

Let's get this straight. 

Britney is not a politician. She's a manufactured pop artist - whether y'all like that or not.

Also, I understand that music can be a gateway to spreading a universal message on a massive scale, but I don't think it should be used for that. I think music SHOULD BE and SHOULD REMAIN a type of escapism. I think once you start to involve politics into music, it starts to lose what is so great about it. It becomes something else. A form of propaganda almost.

I'm all for her evolving as an artist, and singing about more mature themes and possibly songs about things that are maybe more true to her as an individual. But I don't want her to sing about world peace, hunger, poverty, racism and equal rights etc.

10 hours ago, Mani911 said:

i think you should be honest with your family, if you truly want to help them :unbothered::yaknow:

Has it ever occurred to you that maybe it doesn't matter if she sells a lot of records? I don't think JL is doing it for a number one song/album, I think she's doing it cause she wants to and it's a creative expression she enjoys. With that in mind, yes it would be cruel of Britney to say her music sucks even if she honestly felt that way. Cause it's just being mean for nothing, and that's not who Britney is. JL doesn't need help, she should do her thing regardless if she's a commercial success or not and Britney knows that. 

Don't bash me but I feel like some of it has to do with the way she describes her songs. When she was on Alan Carr, he asked about that random deep *** vocal in the pre chorus of Womanizer and Britney said she didn't know who it was or where it came from. It's like she's clueless about her own music. It's a thing nowadays that people judge you on your input on the musical creative aspect of things and I think if she started talking about and describing her music differently, or if she actually knew stuff about her own songs, she'd have a little more respect 

Guest Diamond Horse

During her long career she has had only 2 singles which have had more in-depth lyrics - Everytime and Someday (I Will Understand). 

Of course, those did not do as well as her big hits.

But she could still make it work for her, make a great song with decent lyrics that is easy to listen to. Is it impossible for her? I don't think so!

Guest Diamond Horse

It is a funny thing, but lyrically I like the direction Britney Jean took.

Additionally, I do hope that we will get some more ballads with B9.

Guest Diamond Horse

I really appreciate her songs  that evoke rich emotions and tell a story. The ones that low-key make me ponder about life and its aspects. I'd look forward to so much more of them.

I don't even know if I want a Make Me Ooh to happen, but maybe she will surprise me. I hope she will shine through!

Archived