Music Reacts To Tragic Mass Shooting At Gay Nightclub In Orlando

Jordan Miller

• Leader
orlando-attack-music-reacts

#PrayForOrlando

One day following the sudden and horrific news a man shot singer Christina Grimmie to death following her concert in Orlando, FL, the city was struck with another unfathomable tragedy: 50 innocent people were mowed down and 53 more injured at gay nightclub Pulse. This is the worst mass shooting in American history.

Officials identified the shooter as 29-year-old Omar Mateen of Port St. Lucie, Florida. Police killed Mateen during a shoot-out with law enforcement during an effort to rescue people trapped inside the club.

The unthinkable tragedy took the world by storm, with prominent figures in music using social media as a way to express their condolences for the families and victims, including Lady Gaga, Ariana Grande, Adam Lambert, Cher and many more. BreatheHeavy will update the list as we see more come in.

See the messages on the main page.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BreatheOnMoi said:

Thank God your friends are ok. It's ******* sick that someone would do this somewhere where we can be vulnerable and not think about dying. 

I live in Miami and a lot of my friends were going to go up to Orlando this weekend but changed their minds due to how bad the weather's been. I'm thankful as hell because they love that club too. 

They're speculating the attack is Islamic terrorism related but it could easily be just a simple hate crime against the gay community by some bigot.

They should really have some security at big nightclubs the rest of the week. The Manor, TWIST, Mansion, Space etc.

Every member of our LGBT community, please be safe!

This is a hate crime!

Im not American and feel helpless. I'm absolutely devastated. I'm sitting here in tears.

Gays are some of the strongest people I know. It takes a lot to be gay, especially coming out and the hate in our community. We always stand together. This is our community. We are all one.

My love goes out to everyone. It's time to join together and show our strength. 

2 minutes ago, Trentals said:

Every member of our LGBT community, please be safe!

This is a hate crime!

Im not American and feel helpless. I'm absolutely devastated. I'm sitting here in tears.

Gays are some of the strongest people I know. It takes a lot to be gay, especially coming out and the hate in our community. We always stand together. This is our community. We are all one.

My love goes out to everyone. It's time to join together and show our strength. 

This post got me slighly emotional 

13 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

They're speculating the attack is Islamic terrorism related but it could easily be just a simple hate crime against the gay community by some bigot.

They should really have some security at big nightclubs the rest of the week. The Manor, TWIST, Mansion, Space etc.

The shooters identity has been released and he was muslim and they say he bragged about having links to extremists but nothings confirmed if he did it in some extremist name or just off his own accord

5 minutes ago, Godney the Holy Spearit said:

Of course my religion is brought up once again everytime things like this happen. I hate those small group of Muslims who give us real bad names.

Religion aside, I pray for all the victims and their familoes and loved ones. This is such a tragedy. Can't imagine having to confront this situation in any circumstances.

I had to go head to head with a family member this morning who grouped all Muslims together. I just can't with how society has begun attacking groups. Those people are becoming extremists themselves.

Hate is the issue. Love is the medicine. 

8 minutes ago, Trentals said:

This ISNT an act of terrorism. This IS a hate crime.

Dont get it confused.

The ex wife just said he was unstable and would attack her. It would have been better if they didn't release him name or picture but TMZ does that kind of thing for hits. This could also be an act of terror but we don't want the bad guys to know that. rip to all those people. I heard he used a military style gun so if he used a regular gun the death toll would have been much less. There should be gun laws in place for these type of guns.

3 minutes ago, Da Bubblah said:

they said it had nothing to do with religion but more with homophobia

it was carried out by a radicalized isis-inspired person who would evidently be "rewarded double" in the afterlife for carrying out the killings during ramadan. it has everything to do with religion, just as much as it does homophobia.

Archived