Looking back now, I think it's crazy that the gap between the beggining of Britney's career and the "meltdown" she went through was only 10 years?

Less than that, actually. I say "only 10 years" but at the same time it is a lot of years, right? Also it can happen a lot on those. When everything was boiling up between 1998 and 2008 those years seemed to be a lot for the fans and by far Britney has already worked so much. Remember on For The Record that they were celebrating Britney's 10 years of career? What do you think? Do you share the same perception of the time around Britney's career?

dae35ab4b38dba2a553748b7102a3b14.jpg

Because she was being kept propped up until her health broke down and she just went rogue.

There were lots of cracks in surface before then that nobody paid attention to. She was on Prozac in her mid teens, then on loads of stimulants. When they started having side effects she was sectioned and put on other psychotropics - probably too many. Instead of securing her future and phasing her into a quiet retirement they thought this could continue indefinitely and it backfired.

• Love 2

Wow if I had the chance to be a pop star like I would just have fun with it. If I had to support my family I’d just be like whatever I’m a multimillionaire anyways. If someone tried to put me into a conservatorship because I didn’t want to work I would say F U and leave the state so it’s not legally binding. Madonna would pick me up like I’m not doing this k

if u love what u do it’s not work 

Britney’s parents initially set her out to work in entertainment yes?

so that’s different than Madonna who did this herself because she wanted it

Britney I guess did not want this that’s why I’m showing my nephew female pop stars to follow and I am hiding Britney because I’m not sure if she is a good influence. I want him to be inspired 

You can't compare 10 years in the life of an average celebrity to 10 years in the life of Britney Spears, who faced media pressure and had an impact that surpassed everyone else in her generation, not to mention that she's been working since childhood.. Even Michael Jackson was never chased by paparazzi with 40 cars, like Britney was in 2007, for example. Britney is truly in a category of her own. Sometimes I wonder how she's even still alive. God bless her. :typing_keyboard_computer:

• Love 2

She did a lot in those years crazy how much she did in that amount of time and also with some reasons that made it faster like being more sensitive because of pregnant hormones, post partum depression, childhood trauma, also genetics, substance, fame, wrong people around her, overworked and stuff 

you could already see how she was changing every year really fast its not like blackout was her only change every year is a big difference still today she still changes a lot even now she changed just every era

There were definitely a lot of cracks since her childhood and probably a lot of things we dont know about and the fact that there was a lot of pressure on her to be perfect all the time and that she was seen as s** symbol and stuff 

also if you look back at what she went trough behind the scenes and you see how she still acted like a normal person and was holding everything just in also makes sense that she breaks down honestly she just had every reason to break down it would be crazy if she did not break down

Edited by Userxxxxxxxxxyes

10 years of extreme fame like that could drive anyone mad. She was just a young girl when she was catapulted into being the number one pop star. All eyes on her, all the time. All the scrutiny, all the negativity, all the hate, it would bring anyone down. She just wanted to sing & dance, but in the process got a level of fame I don’t think she was ever able to fully process, she didn’t thrive being a celebrity.

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.