Lady Gaga shocked by negative response to joker: Folie à Deux & is eyeing up Quentin Tarantino for her next movie

5 hours ago, Britney2001 said:

Awww another person who can't handle that women can be multi-faceted. Quit the misogyny and stop boxing women into your view. Do better.

Bish... Spare us your lefty language, accept the fact that Gaga can't act for shyte and move on. The whole world is. :imacat_cat_hiss_meme_white_kitty_mad:

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, SlideAway said:

The real problem here is that nobody wanted Gaga to sing another bloody jazz album, especially not over a joker musical movie.

Isn't she bored of jazz or trying to make “Gaga the actor” happen?

Stay in your lane, *****, and give us some more POP MUSIC.

I know right?

Enough of this bs trying to be the millennial Liza Minelli/Barbara Streisand! Go back to your lane and give us some electro-industrial beats with made-up german words. House of Gucci should have been a wake-up call for her but NO! She really thought she is an actress LMAO! and went with this ****! I know she, her team, and her fans thought this would be her next big accomplishment. What now?

Edited by MissDebbie
  • Love 1

The biggest mistake was to make Joker 2 as a musical. General public hated the idea since the news broke but they didn't listen. 

She should wait a few years before coming back to movies. House of Gucci wasn't received well either. Two flops in a row.

Get back to pop music. I loved Happy mistake though.

Edited by warioaddams
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

I love Gaga. I love musicals. I love most comic book/superhero movies. I hated this film. 

I don’t think it’s Gaga’s fault at all though. I think she did the best she could with what was written. But her character was not well written, she wasn’t really Harley Quinn at all. Only in name and a little bit in look towards the end. 

I really don’t understand how you have Gaga in a musical don’t have her write and perform original songs… at least one! But instead they used a bunch of unispired covers? Most of the musical numbers were just boring and didn’t really relate to the plot. This wasn’t a true musical. I think therefor it wasn’t satisfying to people who like musicals or people who like comic book films. I found myself just wanting it to be over. I thought the first one was good, not my favorite my any means, but I understood why a lot of ppl liked it. 

It’s good that die with a smile is a hit (this song should have been in the movie). Hopefully LG7 is successful. She should focus on that for the next year, maybe 2 if she tours. She should maybe do a smaller acting project next, like an indie movie or maybe a limited series. She definitely could do broadway for a bit too. I think she should do a proper movie musical at some point (to me A Star is Born is a music film, not an actual musical). At some point I think she’ll write a musical too, like Dolly Parton and Cyndi Lauper. I think her career will be fine. She just needs a win with her next acting project. Either do something low budget she can win an Oscar for or do a big film that’s definitely going to be a hit- which it seemed like this would be. 

I liked it! Honestly I think it would have been worse without her. There wasn't much of a driving story other than to reiterate that life can be miserable for the disenfranchised and somehow this movie found a way to make his life somehow worse than the first movie if that was even possible to begin with. At least she brought levity to the story, despite a tragic ending that makes you wonder… what was the point? 

• Love 1
On 10/8/2024 at 1:04 PM, SlideAway said:

My opinion isn’t based on her being a woman.

It’s based on the fact that she is more wooden than Pinocchio.

:idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

I mean you literally said "stay in your lane", which is one of the most recognized anti-women phrases, but okay. I mean she has won golden globes and an Oscar, but agree to disagree I guess. 🤷‍♂️

Saw it last weekend. Rough time. Not a good movie. It sucks because so much talent, time, and money was wasted. The plot was boring and SO predictable. The musical acts were not well integrated. It just didn't feel natural. But mostly, the plot was just lame. The characters were one-dimensional. The "love story" was non-existent and there was ZERO chemistry written into the Joker-Harley relationship. Yikes.

It's the same as when she does those ballads just to really prove to people that she has a singing voice... It's just cringe at this stage. Yes, we know you have A singing voice. But honestly it's not really a good singing voice. It's just a singing voice.. I don't even know if that makes sense... But you know those artists that are just made to make a certain genre of music because that's what you fell in love with.... This is what she is... And then she tried to become a Mariah Carey or an Adele.... And now she's trying to become an actress... It's just exhausting for people to watch but she doesn't get that. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Britney2001 said:

I mean you literally said "stay in your lane", which is one of the most recognized anti-women phrases, but okay. I mean she has won golden globes and an Oscar, but agree to disagree I guess. 🤷‍♂️

None of that was intended to be anti-women.

As a gay, I adore women.

Britney, Whitney, Madonna, Janet, Gaga, Beyoncé, Ms Aguilera.

I love lots of female actors, too.

I just don’t happen to like Gaga doing it.

:smokney_britney_smoke_cigarette_chaotic_2004_exhale_blow:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.