What Do You Think Caused The Beginning Of Britney’s Downfall?

2003/2004 was the beginning of Britney Spears unraveling… as far as the public could see. Before that she seemed so in control of her career and at the top of her game! She was #1… untouchable! What caused her sudden downfall? Her knee injury, dr**s, mental health… what do you think?

Edited by Bingjmljr
  • Like 1

The break up with Justin. She even stated that in her book that’s when her world fell apart was the break up and that she really had no time to just take a break and be alone for a bit when they thrusted her into In The Zone, the Diane Sawyer interview, and The Onyx Hotel Tour.

Edited by The Femme Fatale
  • Love 1
  • Like 2
  • Super Mods
Just now, The Femme Fatale said:

The break up with Justin. She even stated that in her book that’s when her world fell apart was the break up and that she really had no time to just take a break and be alone for a but when they thrusted her into In The Zone, the Diane Sawyer interview, and The Onyx Hotel Tour.

She should've had time to heal from the breakup instead of being pushed into work.

Maybe then she wouldn't have gotten married twice in a year and etc.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods
2 minutes ago, The Femme Fatale said:

Yeah the abor**on too, they never gave home girl a chance to go seek therapy from that trauma and then the break up, they just made her keep working while she was miserable.

Poor girl went through so much in her life and people wonder why she's the way she is.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, The Femme Fatale said:

The break up with Justin. She even stated that in her book that’s when her world fell apart was the break up and that she really had no time to just take a break and be alone for a bit when they thrusted her into In The Zone, the Diane Sawyer interview, and The Onyx Hotel Tour.

I remember when she was younger her constantly saying how she wanted to get married and have a family… I think she wanted that with Justin and when it fell apart she just looked for it anywhere she could. Jason and Kevin were huge mistakes… I wish she took time away and gave herself time to heal.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Bingjmljr said:

With all of her fame and success… the only thing she really ever wanted was a family of her own. Which makes the fact that she’s alone now just so sad. I wish she got what she wanted.

I think she's better off alone. All her partners did was hurt her.

Edited by PerfectLover.
Just now, KrisJ said:

Things would have been ok if she didn’t get with Kevin. He destroyed her life and still does to this day 

I disagree… Jason was the beginning of the end, Kevin was just the next mistake. Kevin was never important he was just there. I wish she saw herself how we all saw her… she deserved more.

On the external standpoint, she was on top —but covertly she was a whirlwind of emotions, just like everyone else. Her career was all she ever knew, so she just went with it. At first she loved it, but then became bored, & craved normalcy —but her fame made that impossible. In her naivety, she sought “love” in hopes to experience an ordinary lifestyle, then gradually lost her spark when she realized she was a magnet for selfish/ungrateful people who couldn’t see beyond her “popstar.” She probably felt taken for granted, & it slowly consumed her. That’s what I think happened to her, imo.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, DoYouDare? said:

On the external standpoint, she was on top —but covertly she was a whirlwind of emotions, just like everyone else. Her career was all she ever knew, so she just went with it. At first she loved it, but then became bored, & craved normalcy —but her fame made that impossible. In her naivety, she sought “love” in hopes to experience an ordinary lifestyle, then gradually lost her spark when she realized she was a magnet for selfish/ungrateful people who couldn’t see beyond her “popstar.” She probably felt taken for granted, & it slowly consumed her. That’s what I think happened to her, imo.

I agree with you… I wish she walked away from fame and got the life she really wanted.

• Love 1

The breakup with justin really did a number on her but she seemed to be doing better at the beginning of the ITZ era. Her creativity, energy, specials and promo during that time was unmatched. I think it all started to go downhill when the onyx tour started. She was sick of touring (which is sad bc she always said it was her favorite part) and meeting Kevin was the last nail in the coffin. She got obsessed with him and sacrificed everything for their relationship  :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black:  I wish that leech was never born ISTG

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I'd say in 2000 when behind the scenes she would be crying and taking medication because she had anxiety and she wanted a normal life and not do this anymore and then I think it really started to unravel when jive was pressuring her to keep on going when she needed a break which prompted her rebellious nature to come out.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.