What was it like to be on Exhale during 2006/2007/2008?

It was such a wild time. I was not part of stan culture when it happened so I’m curious. I can imagine everyone being relieved that she was divorcing K-Fed and then everything went sideways :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black: 

So much was happening in such a short time, I don’t think there was a single day in 2007 that she wasn’t photographed. it must’ve been pure chaos here

What was it like as a stan?  

Edited by thesimplelife
  • Love 4

I mostly remember BH was all about Britney, 100%. Then again, there was always something new going on with her at the time. I loved checking the site every now & then. As for “Exhale,” I didn’t experience it until I joined the forum in 2013 —& I enjoyed it, but never posted topics, or anything much. It does seem overly chaotic now, & I’ve only used it for about a month. Just my opinion.

• Love 4
Just now, DoYouDare? said:

I mostly remember BH was all about Britney, 100%. Then again, there was always something new going on with her at the time. I loved checking the site every now & then. As for “Exhale,” I didn’t experience it until I joined the forum in 2013 —& I enjoyed it, but never posted topics, or anything much. It does seem overly chaotic now, & I’ve only used it for about a month. Just my opinion.

yeah, the site is full of hateful people that nitpick everything britney does. it doesn’t feel like a fansite anymore :receipts2_britney_um_browsing_browse:

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I didnt speak english all that well back then. But I remember people being upset about her blackout album artwork because we already seen those pics and everyone was bi.tching. then songs started leaking and we were wondering if they were gonna end up on the album (they did) then everyone shut up about the album cover. Similar to brat album cover. Nobody cares about how bad it is now cuz the album is good. 

• Like 1

Wild. Uncertainty. Constant criticism of Britney, yes even on exhale.  Conflicting feelings as true fans because we honestly had no idea what was going on and it was hard to defend her similar to how it is today. However, back then i always thought the melt down was from when her aunt sandra passed. She died from cancer right before britney shaved her head.   . . I thought britney shaved her head in a mental breakdown because she lost her aunt sandra. Other people thought it was because of dr**s, i never did. However nowadays i wouldnt be suprised if it is and was all due to dr**s. I mean Amy winehouse and britney both had similar personality switches.

• Like 1

If you didnt live during her breakdown,  it was HORRIBLE, even off of exhale. People that hated britney were telling people to leave her alone. We were killing her. I 100 percent believe that she would be dead if it wasnt for the conservatorship. However, i believe she needed it for like a year as intended.   . . It saved her life and got her on track but they took advantage of it.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods
25 minutes ago, PerfectLover. said:

Yes, it was very different in those days :OMGney_britney_surprised_no_way_shocked_wide_eyes:

I love this site, Wayback Machine, it shows you all the old pages, even the ones that are closed :clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer:

I agree.

It seemed more like a news type of website on Britney back then and not the forum we use today.

The fact that Exhale has been around for 20 years BLOWS my mind! 

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, kgid said:

I remember coming home from work on the day(s) she was forced to go to cedars'. 

Didn't have internet on my Razr flip phone and someone told me s.hit was going down.  

I'm not gonna lie, the leaving kfed was like ... "Cool, we're gonna get Britney back" then the Cris Angel stuff and the VMAs, the rumors about the album and just so much uncertainty.

There were a lot of folks that thought she was going to be unalive.  I think NYT or something like that had actually published that they had written her obituary.  Amy winehouse passed.... It was truly intense.  

When the album came out and gimme more video, it was ... Weird.  There wasn't that cult following of it - Blackout wasn't released with the usual fanfare and everyone was just... Everywhere.

When the conservatorship started, there was (don't come for me) relief.  Sam was ostracized and ... Just a lot.  

When HIMYM episodes came out, more relief.  For the record - the return to the VMAs... Happiness.  The tour that followed, was just really reassuring.  

When the undertones of the conservatorship began coming to the surface, there was a lot of the beginnings of what became #freebritney but it got shut down on so many levels that it stayed quiet - as we all know - for way too long.  

Summary, it was wild, intense, emotional and way to invasive to the woman.  I, personally, regret how much I watched and waited for the next pap shots/video.  

So if she does lurk - I am genuinely sorry.  It should have been a moment for her to fortify her family and she got absolutely torn apart instead.  

As a woman and a mother - it was too much for anyone person to handle. It's a g.od.amn miracle she survived.

this was very insightful, thank you for sharing🤍 

im glad she’s still with us after everything she went through, britney is a really strong woman

• Love 3
  • Like 1
28 minutes ago, ppiotr said:

People that hated britney were telling people to leave her alone

Even through all the scrutiny, i’ve found that a lot of people were compassionate and felt sorry for what she was going through. I lurked some old forums and even people that disliked her saw how awful the paparazzi were. sadly, there was still a lot of hate and morbid curiosity. everyone was waiting for her to finally break or d.ie 

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.