Who is the pop artist who you think is the most overrated?

22 hours ago, Isla said:

Well maybe she's more of an R&B singer traditionally, but... Beyonce.

It feels like everytime she comes out with a new single/album/music video everyone praises it as if it's revolutionary and Beyonce is some immortal god who can do no wrong. If you dare to disagree you'll get chastised. Media outlets seem to show a lot of bias to her as well and her fanbase is also annoying. She is incredibly talented and I do like some of her songs but I don't get the hype over her honestly.

I agree. And I actually liked her until she went full blown pretentious with the I Am Sasha Fierce cringe fest. The “country” attempt is even worse.:weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh:

She has a nice voice and I like some of her older songs, but she doesn’t have a single artistic bone in her body. Just compare her cover of You Oughta Know to the original - that’s a perfect demonstration of manufactured VS genuine. 

Edited by whenthedogscaneout
  • Like 2

Taylor for sure. I think she’s great at making catchy pop music (or she was up until her last album spacer.png) but her stans act like she’s the second coming of Jesus Christ. They think she’s a way better writer and performer than she is and base her success according to sales. 

The same thing happens with Beyoncé. I really enjoy her music (mostly her work with Destiny’s Child and her earlier albums) and she really knows how to put on a show, but the stan culture revolving around her is insane. Sometimes it’s even crazier than with Taylor. She’s treated like a God and that just weirds me out. 

They’re both talented in their own ways but their obsessive fanbases take it too far so it ends up taking away from their artistry imo. 

Edited by thesimplelife
  • Love 2
  • Like 3
  • Super Mods
On 9/13/2024 at 1:24 PM, Isla said:

Well maybe she's more of an R&B singer traditionally, but... Beyonce.

It feels like everytime she comes out with a new single/album/music video everyone praises it as if it's revolutionary and Beyonce is some immortal god who can do no wrong. If you dare to disagree you'll get chastised. Media outlets seem to show a lot of bias to her as well and her fanbase is also annoying. She is incredibly talented and I do like some of her songs but I don't get the hype over her honestly.

Agree.

I even saw online that there is a church in San Franscisco that WORSHIPS Beyonce!

That is creepy to me!
Not even Michael Jackson has had that.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.