Would Cher Ever Take Britney to St. Tropez?

At least imaginatively, in a song.

We know she’s one of Britney’s biggest inspirations, & Cher even mentioned in a past interview they were meant to “do a couple of songs together,” but the project fell through. Moreover, she expressed how she envisaged the song to be “something that we could both fit into, something that would really be unusual, but that you could hear both of our sounds in it.”

Fast forward years later, still no duet. Although, Cher posted a tweet during the #FreeBritney movement (2021), where she expressed how she’d take Britney to San Tropez for ice cream once she was liberated —& ever since that moment, I’ve been pondering over a Cher x Britney collaboration.

I envision the single to be simply titled, “St. Tropez,” & my quick concept would be a self-confident track about them both feeling carefree while in Saint-Tropez. Of course, the lyrics would carry a deep & sincere message about Britney’s independence, & her desire to luxuriate, & thrive with Cher as her mentor.

What are your thoughts on a Britney x Cher collab?

• Like 2
51 minutes ago, DiamondCircus said:

Not sure how Britney would feel if she found out Cher has been trying to get her son into a C Ship. :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

49 minutes ago, Style. said:

Exactly 

Besides, I don’t think she’s a great artist. :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

27 minutes ago, Pablitonizer said:

I love Cher but her attempts to put her son in a c-ship speaks volumes.

So no, thanks :ririshade1_rihanna_annoyed_window_bye_irritated_mad_black:

I actually didn’t know about that, but every situation’s different, & it’s not our business either. That said, not every c-ship’s going to be like Britney’s, but I get how you might feel based on that alone. We can’t be too critical about the things we think we know, when we don’t. 

However, I appreciate your honesty :)

• Love 2
  • Like 1
23 minutes ago, DoYouDare? said:

I actually didn’t know about that, but every situation’s different, & it’s not our business either. That said, not every c-ship’s going to be like Britney’s, but I get how you might feel based on that alone. We can’t be too critical about the things we think we know, when we don’t. 

However, I appreciate your honesty :)

I'd like to see a Cher Britney collab. I love Elton John. He is a legend. Madonna is obviously in a league of her own, but from a professional standpoint, Cher and Britney are like two musical Titans, which is also what I would love for the song title to be :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

Also, your responses are Noah Centineo Chef GIF by Allure

Edited by theodoritasenorita
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, theodoritasenorita said:

I'd like to see a Cher Britney collab. I love Elton John. He is a legend. Madonna is obviously in a league of her own, but from a professional standpoint, Cher and Britney are like two musical Titans, which is also what I would love for the song title to be :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

Also, your responses are Noah Centineo Chef GIF by Allure

Right?! A collaboration between them two would be simply amazing. Thank you so much, & I’m glad you resonate with the subject.

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, MissDebbie said:

Why would Britney travel with a woman who is willing to put her son ( a grown-*** man who is the heir to a fortune thanks to his dad) in a conservatorship?

:ineedthetruth_oprah_huh_um_thinking_confused_what_truth_stare::ineedthetruth_oprah_huh_um_thinking_confused_what_truth_stare::ineedthetruth_oprah_huh_um_thinking_confused_what_truth_stare:

42 minutes ago, MissDebbie said:

Also.....

How is Cher one of Britney's biggest inspirations?

How?

:ineedthetruth_oprah_huh_um_thinking_confused_what_truth_stare:

The first comment isn’t any of my business, since I/we don’t know them personally, or the situation.

Secondly, it doesn’t take rocket science to know Cher’s one of Britney’s favorite singers (or was at one point) —& even if I were to word it inadequately, the topic isn’t difficult to understand, with all due respect.

It takes zero cents to be kind :)

• Love 1
9 hours ago, DoYouDare? said:

The first comment isn’t any of my business, since I/we don’t know them personally, or the situation.

Secondly, it doesn’t take rocket science to know Cher’s one of Britney’s favorite singers (or was at one point) —& even if I were to word it inadequately, the topic isn’t difficult to understand, with all due respect.

It takes zero cents to be kind :)

Aretha Franklin Icon GIF

Show me one receipt where Britney calls Cher an inspiration or influence. I will wait...

Only because you like Cher doesn't mean that Britney likes her or we should like her.

Cher is not a good person, her trying to put her son on a cship tells us everything about her. Why Britney never aknowledge her even if Cher was one of the most vocal celebs for Free Britney? I guess because Britney doesn't like her and knows more about her. 

Are we forgetting that Cher worked with Tri Star and Lou Taylor? 

Maybe you didn't knew any of the stuff but it takes less than 10 minutes to do research, there are plenty of YouTube videos of lawyers explaining Cher's son case and why is fraudulent.

6 hours ago, MissDebbie said:

Aretha Franklin Icon GIF

Show me one receipt where Britney calls Cher an inspiration or influence. I will wait...

Only because you like Cher doesn't mean that Britney likes her or we should like her.

Cher is not a good person, her trying to put her son on a cship tells us everything about her. Why Britney never aknowledge her even if Cher was one of the most vocal celebs for Free Britney? I guess because Britney doesn't like her and knows more about her. 

Maybe you didn't knew any of the stuff but it takes less than 10 minutes to do research, there are plenty of YouTube videos of lawyers explaining Cher's son case and why is fraudulent.

Me attempting to rationalize with your pov doesn’t mean I want everyone to “like” Cher along with me. However, it’s your right to express your opinion, but everyone has their own.

I mean this kindly, but directly, because I don’t have anything against you, but you do come off as condescending, & I don’t appreciate it. We’re a community, & we have an opinion. If you don’t resonate, you don’t have to contribute to the subject. It’s that simple.

Thank you

• Love 1
9 hours ago, MissDebbie said:

Aretha Franklin Icon GIF

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Singer claims to have rejected invitation from oligarch friend to perform at ceremonies over concerns about recent legislation

Not going to add moralistic assumptions about whether or not she is a good person. However, she clearly has convictions. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.