Would ‘Blackout’ Exist Without the Chaos?

Evidently, Britney went through a series of negative events in 2007, so intensely her personal life became the world’s focal point, which never quite allowed her a sense of peace, or normalcy. Given what’s been said, I find it shockingly impressive how she even managed to piece together an album, in the midst of the chaos that surrounded her at the time. 

Surely, Blackout is authentically experimental, in its own right. However, would the record’s equilibrium, & direction been a different story, had the chaos never happened?

spacer.png

Share your thoughts.

Edited by DoYouDare?
Cover Photo Changed
16 minutes ago, Agyness said:

Yes  like all great artists, their works are intensified by their personal struggles. The same goes for Frida Kahlo and her chronic physical pain, Kurt Cobain and his existential angst, or Amy Winehouse with her heartbreak and addictions. 

Right, I think of songs like “State of Grace” or “Rebellion,” which wouldn’t have fit with the end result —but it makes wonder how the album’s direction would’ve been different.

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, thesimplelife said:

I think blackout is a product of Britney’s headspace and life at the time so yes, it would’ve been totally different without the chaos. I’m curious to what could’ve been though, how a “regular” era might’ve looked like 

Same, there’s a soft side to her singing that wasn’t present in Blackout. One can only imagine.

• Love 1

Britney did not deserve what was happening to her at the time. I would be happy to be without the chaos of that era. The album and promotion/performances would have been even better without the additional drama. I want Britney to be happy and energetic when it comes to her career. 

My last favorite song on that album is Why Should I be Sad, and that's all about the drama.

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, BritneyWiki said:

Britney did not deserve what was happening to her at the time. I would be happy to be without the chaos of that era. The album and promotion/performances would have been even better without the additional drama. I want Britney to be happy and energetic when it comes to her career. 

My last favorite song on that album is Why Should I be Sad, and that's all about the drama.

Exactly, I personally feel like the album’s theme would’ve been entirely different without the drama —& “WSIBS” is one of the more genuine songs on the record, for sure.

7 hours ago, itswwasheem***** said:

I think we won't get songs like Gimme More or Get Naked (I Got A Plan), she might go to the direction of songs like Why should I be sad or State of Grace. Without the chaos Blackout would have been a break up album. 

Right, even though “Gimme More” & “GN” are enjoyable songs, I feel like a break-up album would’ve have been very “Britney,” for sure.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.