The Jazz Version of “...Baby One More Time”

6 hours ago, Isla said:

I'm not really a big jazz person but it was an interesting renedition of the song. Britney sounded really good. I do think I prefer it over the jazz version of Oops.

I agree with you, I’m not crazy on the jazz version of “Oops,” since I find it rather bland —but the “BOMT” rework is an interesting take for sure.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, TheBlackoutRadar said:

I would love it if Britney did a jazz-blues sort of album; I think she's got the voice and tone for it.

You’re right, she absolutely has the potential for it. She might need to practice a bit on her vocal control beforehand, but the a jazz-blues-pop album would be amazing.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, MissDebbie said:

Always loved it!

Not working in Chicago was such a big miss! 

I heard she was playing the character Lucy Liu played, which doesnt sing at all in the movie. But I also heard she was for the part Mya ended up playing. So who knows?

It was definitely a big miss, but it happens. Hopefully, someday she’ll make a pop album mixed with jazzy-blues. 🤞🏻

2 hours ago, DoYouDare? said:

I get what you mean, it’s definitely a unique change in its own way, for sure.

I'm into Hi-NRG music so the slower cabaret-style just doesn't hit me hard enough. I remember watching the EMA 1999 performance as a kid and being a bit taken aback and a tiny bit disappointed in the version - I wasn't expecting that - but I loved the performance overall. Maybe one day I'll calm down & enjoy the jazzier side of life. 👄

Edited by ImmaSlave4U
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ImmaSlave4U said:

I'm into Hi-NRG music so the slower cabaret-style just doesn't hit me hard enough. I remember watching the EMA 1999 performance as a kid and being a bit taken aback and a tiny bit disappointed in the version - I wasn't expecting that - but I loved the performance overall. Maybe one day I'll calm down & enjoy the jazzier side of life. 👄

This one’s amazing. In fact, I’d love a full-length version of this specific “BOMT” mix. I do think many of us learned to appreciate her remixes until much later though, but you definitely have good taste —& maybe Britney will make us all love jazz one day.

You never know :)

• Love 1

I think this is one of the highlights when it comes to her songs being remixed. The fact it wasn't simply her original vocals slapped over a new instrumental, and that this was more live-orientated and stripped back. It certainly suited the style of the tour, but I was always hoping to hear a kind of remix album that reimagined her original tracks, rather than re-worked/remastered. In a sense it would make it less an 'update' (like Taylor's Versions) and more J-To-The-LO treatment when it came to songs like I'm Real/Ain't It Funny mur*** Remixes. Thinking maybe the song choice could've been different, but I think it would've been less effective if it was of a newer song than a recognisable song with lyrics everyone knew.

I don't think we'll ever get a mature sounding album like this from her, but her vocals once (and hopefully still) lent well do the slower, sultry, deeper tracks. Touch of My Hand, Shadow and Breathe on Me are prime examples as well.

Thanks for sharing - really good to hear this again after a while!

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, InTheMix said:

I think this is one of the highlights when it comes to her songs being remixed. The fact it wasn't simply her original vocals slapped over a new instrumental, and that this was more live-orientated and stripped back. It certainly suited the style of the tour, but I was always hoping to hear a kind of remix album that reimagined her original tracks, rather than re-worked/remastered. In a sense it would make it less an 'update' (like Taylor's Versions) and more J-To-The-LO treatment when it came to songs like I'm Real/Ain't It Funny mur*** Remixes. Thinking maybe the song choice could've been different, but I think it would've been less effective if it was of a newer song than a recognisable song with lyrics everyone knew.

I don't think we'll ever get a mature sounding album like this from her, but her vocals once (and hopefully still) lent well do the slower, sultry, deeper tracks. Touch of My Hand, Shadow and Breathe on Me are prime examples as well.

Thanks for sharing - really good to hear this again after a while!

I agree, it’s nice to hear her sing something a tad different from her usual sound, & I would absolutely love for her to do an album of reimagined songs. Maybe for her biopic, but we just never know with Britney.

Thanks for the kind comment.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.