The Jazz Version of “...Baby One More Time”

45 minutes ago, Imnotcrazy said:

I think that  100% she can do a jazzy pop urban album, or more like Amy Winehouse, cuz her voice fits perfectly. 

Btw. Was it live? 

I’d love for her to do a jazzy-urban album, sounds different, but in a good way.

—& she didn’t sing live, it was pre-recorded.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, PolySpears said:

It sounded live.

I thought it was until I watched the ITZ ABC special :boredney_britney_2015_annoyed_eyeroll_hair:

I can't tell what's live and what's not in this tour 

Nothing aside from “Everytime” and “Shadow” was live, but I’m only going by the Showtime special in Miami. And if I recall correctly, the latter was dubbed over in re-airings because the original was…well, it was not great.

In her defense, she was dancing her *** off the entire show, so expecting her to sound perfect wasn’t very realistic. Respect to her for still trying to give us some live vocal moments.

• Love 4

It’s not my favorite rendition, but I’m just not big on Jazz music. I did like that she tried to do something different with it, instead of performing the same version of the song for the 1000th time.

Her voice sounded really pretty also, esp the falsetto notes.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Emil87 said:

It’s not my favorite rendition, but I’m just not big on Jazz music. I did like that she tried to do something different with it, instead of performing the same version of the song for the 1000th time.

Her voice sounded really pretty also, esp the falsetto notes.

I don’t listen to Jazz very much either, but Britney’s voice on it sounds pleasing to the ears, & gives “something different” from the usual, as you said. 👌🏻

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, Frankie8 said:

Never liked it. If she sang in her deeper register it would have hit hard. Nasal singing doesn't work in that style. I appreciated her switching things up doing jazz but try jazz on another song, not BOMT.

Right, I think “Private Show” is a prime example of how nasal singing can negatively affect the quality of a song. However, I don’t think that’s the case with this one, imo —but I definitely agree that Britney would sound amazing in her deeper register.

I appreciate your honest pov

• Love 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.