This Day In Britney’s Life: 2000’s VMA Performance!

Today marks 20 years of Britney’s iconic and controversial “(I can’t get no) Satisfaction + Oops!…I Did It Again” VMA performance 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Parents were clutching their pearls all over the US! She was getting dragged left and right for ruining her good girl image spacer.png  

Some articles I found:

https://nypost.com/2000/09/09/her-act-is-tailored-to-johns-not-teens/

https://nypost.com/2000/09/09/moms-britney-go-to-your-room-parenting-experts-rip-parade-of-****/

-

What do you think of this performance? Personally I think it’s her best VMA one, her attitude and confidence are unmatched! She definitely knew the uproar it was gonna cause and was living for it Tiffany Pollard Eating GIF the movements were sharp, her voice at the beginning was pretty good and the shock factor ate down. The perfect ending for the Oops! era. 

She also presented with Xtina that night 

and went with Justin as her datespacer.png

Edited by thesimplelife
  • Love 7

Definitely an iconic moment. Surely, many people judged her over it, but haven’t they always. Perhaps, because everyone had this misconception that she was supposed to be a “role model” when all she was doing was performing in the way that she wanted. That’s why she’s iconic, & always stood out from the rest. No one has been able to hold a candle to Britney Spears, as melodramatic as it may sound.

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, thesimplelife said:

I remember in the book she said she felt very bad after they made her watch that video.

Poor girl, only 18 years old and she was already judged by everyone :crying3_britney_sobbing_tears_sad:

I don't understand why MTV made her watch those comments :fu_britney_flipping_off_finger_mad:

Edited by PerfectLover.
  • Love 1
  • Like 2
4 minutes ago, whenthedogscaneout said:

First time I’m seeing this. Wow. It looks so exhausting and so much work for a 3 minute performance. Primeney really gave it her all. 

She really  was performing at an Olympic level of pop stardom, her work ethic really did put her ahead.  Those live vocals too 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, britbratt12 said:

Love the rehearsal footage 

so amazing. a true star. Looks like a cloned Britney on IG.. even after all the trauma, meds... it can make u lose sparkle but is just too different in everything. She 100% lost her rhythm, sharpness, vibe, notion of what is dancing, of how to look, how to move her body, taste, etc. Its so depressing thinking about all of this

• Love 1
1 hour ago, PerfectLover. said:

I remember in the book she said she felt very bad after they made her watch that video.

Poor girl, only 18 years old and she was already judged by everyone :crying3_britney_sobbing_tears_sad:

I don't understand why MTV made her watch those comments :fu_britney_flipping_off_finger_mad:

The fact that she put so much effort into and it not a single comment on that video was about her great talent, her amazing dancing skills or unbelievable charisma.. :britstare11_britney_ftr_for_the_record_annoyed_tired_irritated_sigh: The only positive comments were about her body and how she looked, after she had just delivered a performance that has yet to be matched… 24 years later. 

She deserved so much better.

Edited by whenthedogscaneout
  • Love 5

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.