Britney “The Show” Demo: Thoughts

I’m not sure who’s familiar with this demo, but it’s called “The Show,” & I think it’d make an excellent Britney single, even today. Personally, it’s very ITZ-esque, which just so happens to be one of my favorite Britney eras. That said, I’m not a fan of the slight “robotic” auto-tuning in her verses, so maybe just doing away with that, & opting for more natural “breathy” vocals, would bring the song together, for me. I could care less that it was originally meant for Circus, as I find it very fitting to Britney’s overall aesthetic. 

Here’s the demo:

Would she ever record it? Probably not, but I’m only sharing my viewpoint —& hopefully “speaking it into existence.”

Do you agree this would be a great song for her catalog?

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, DoYouDare? said:

P.S. I know everyone’s seemingly overwhelmed with the speculation regarding the future stance of this forum, but I believe we’ll cross that bridge when we get there. In the meantime, I’ll continue “fangirling” over Britney. Thank you.

Love your threads, I can’t say the same about this demo :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

• Haha 3
  • Like 1
15 minutes ago, Michel De Mal said:

personally..the production on this one..is kinda boring :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:  but I imagine it being recorded by Britney...this song is the vibe

Personally, I think Britney would elevate it. You’re right, it’s very urban-vibey, similar to songs like “The Hook Up.”

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, Imnotcrazy said:

I don’t get it, who’s the singer? :tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad: Sounds like Britney buts not Britney?:mhmnod_yes_agree_nodding:

It’s not Britney, someone else is singing the demo —although, Britney would make it an instant hit, imo.

It’s about seeing the vision, you know :rlynow_britney_really_clasped_um_ok_seriously:

Edited by DoYouDare?
8 hours ago, Eternalhouse said:

I kinda like it. Maybe if it were stripped a bit and had a 'Milkshake' vibe to it, and if it also included the fun Britney vocals it would be more interesting. 🙂

I’m actually curious to hear what that would sound like. Interesting concept.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.