Halsey: “I was jealous of Britney, I thought she had the perfect life”

• Content Curators

'I have this weird coping mechanism where, if I’m not dealing with something internally, I’ll catch myself singing a song that relates to it,'

'I would lay there, attached to a pump, like "I’m so lucky, I’m a star." It was facetious, and then I was in the studio, and was singing it under my breath, and went "Wait, let’s do this. Has anyone done this? This has been done, right? Why hasn’t this been done? There’s no way I’m actually going to interpolate this Britney Spears' song in this major way."' 

'Obviously I will never know what it’s like to reach the magnitude and the monolith of fame and exposure and lack of autonomy that she’s experienced in her career,' she said. 

'I will never know that, but in a way, there are some parallels. She was the first pop star I fell in love with and I knew everything about her, and I was in love with her and I worshiped her’. 

'I was jealous of her. I thought she had the perfect life, as did most of us at the time, and I’ve always, through every stage of her career, really rooted for her.'

WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

Halsey revealed how she came to sample Britney Spears' iconic hit Lucky, a choice that sparked some...

Edited by CentralCJ
  • Love 2

I feel like unless you were super into Britney, on forums, digging through stuff. You'd probably think everything was fine with her, in terms of not knowing about the conservatorship and what it brought.

I'm just happy Britney is out of that situation.

Regarding Halsey, I feel like it's similar. Britney saw the video with shaved head and the toxic inspired outfit and thought it was a jab at her, not getting it was about Halsey's life and sickness.

I'm happy she found solace and strength in Britney's music. And that she got to use some of it in her own work.

Hopefully Britney realises that not everyone is out to get her. And continues with therapy, because she does need it, with the way she lashes out, and is impulsive.

Maybe keeping a diary or singing about it would help her.

Wishing healing for both women.

Edited by Crayboy
  • Like 3

Very sweet words..up until the last quote. You should use that quote in the title for a hit thread. :bwink_britney_pepsi_wink_black_and_white_bw_flirt:

Not sure why Halsey would tweet Britney back and act like everything’s ok when she obviously feels some type of way about Britney’s tweet critiquing the video. Why not bring it up to her instead of in some article?

And as far as Britney’s deleted tweet, i really think she thought Haley was portraying HER as a superficial pop star in the video. I think that and especially the parts where she’s bald and drawing blood triggered Britney, and she lashed out.

I don’t think Britney was being rude or “ignorant” intentionally. I just don’t think she was aware of Halsey’s own personal struggles. Once someone filled her in, she regretted her post and quickly deleted it, and was trying to save face by claiming she was hacked instead of trying to explain herself. That’s just my theory, anyway.

But Britney could have messaged Halsey personally and given her an explanation for her original tweet.

Edited by Emil87
  • Like 1
13 minutes ago, Emil87 said:

Very sweet words..up until the last quote. You should use that quote in the title for a hit thread. :bwink_britney_pepsi_wink_black_and_white_bw_flirt:

Not sure why Halsey would tweet Britney back and act like everything’s ok when she obviously feels some type of way about Britney’s tweet critiquing the video. Why not bring it up to her instead of in some article?

And as far as Britney’s deleted tweet, i really think she thought Haley was portraying HER as a superficial pop star in the video. I think that and especially the parts where she’s bald and drawing blood triggered Britney, and she lashed out.

I don’t think Britney was being rude or “ignorant” intentionally. I just don’t think she was aware of Halsey’s own personal struggles. Once someone filled her in, she regretted her post and quickly deleted it, and was trying to save face by claiming she was hacked instead of trying to explain herself. That’s just my theory, anyway.

But Britney could have messaged Halsey personally and given her an explanation for her original tweet.

I think the ignorant part was Britney getting on social media first thing to vilify and drag Halsey over a video that her estate approved beforehand, instead of talking to Halsey in private.

It’s obvious she does not care to involve herself with business deals but then gets mad when things are approved that she is not fully privy of.

Like step your puss up, stop spinning and grab ahold of your career/brand/livelihood and see what is being discussed or else you have no room to complain when projects come out that your team approved of for you bc you don’t care to deal with it. 

1 hour ago, Emil87 said:

I just don’t think she was aware of Halsey’s own personal struggles. Once someone filled her in, she regretted her post and quickly deleted it, and was trying to save face by claiming she was hacked instead of trying to explain herself. That’s just my theory, anyway.

I think that too. But well, I thought everyone here have understood that's what happened, anyways. Perhaps it was like an impulse maybe that Britney felt after knowing about Halsey's health problems and being like oh sh- i'm sorry! I didn't know.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Fita said:

I think that too. But well, I thought everyone here have understood that's what happened, anyways. Perhaps it was like an impulse maybe that Britney felt after knowing about Halsey's health problems and being like oh sh- i'm sorry! I didn't know.

Weeks after this a similar thing happened with the Blake/Versace dress saga. First we had an official statement of "Britney", then a post on her social media with a complete different vibe of the original statement.

It's like two people with veeerry different ideas playing Britney.

Edited by Dark Willow
38 minutes ago, Fita said:

I thought everyone was aware of that too, but I’ve seen a few members say that Halsey is just another one of Britney’s targets that she was so rude to for no apparent reason. They can’t see it from the other perspective because they choose not to.

But I do think Britney could have clarified things a bit more than just saying it was a fake tweet, bc it obviously wasn’t.

33 minutes ago, Dark Willow said:

I really need details of her conversation with (allegedly) fake Britney. 

She said "Britney" sent her lucky merch... funny, I  don't even think real Britney knows about the lucky merch lol.

I wouldn't be surprised if Cade was crossdresser and thinks he is Britney when he wears wig

• Haha 3

That's such a lie that she was a massive Britney fan lol I used to follow her on Tumblr when she was a "normal person" and she was a One Direction stan, she was not a Britney fan. She's just using her name for clicks and hanging on the nostalgia trend. The more she yaps the more obvious it is that she emailed with Cadeney and not Britney.

• Like 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.