The Circus Photoshoot Was GREAT

Yes, it was very inspired and beautiful. However, I found the photoshoot to be a bit cold, in the sense that you could feel she wasn't fully present, a bit distant. The aesthetic I think was intentional in that way, to create a perfect and smooth image, especially after Blackout. In the Zone, with just one shoot for the cover, the spirit of the album was captured, and it became instantly iconic, the same goes for the "Britney" album. Here, not so much, they didn't take any risks. I remember the uproar on Britney forums in 2008 when the Circus album cover was released with those ridiculous little blue stars framing the album. The cover was also extremely retouched, whereas in the behind the scenes footage, you can see she was already very beautiful. yes, there are some very beautiful photos but some of the photos that came out seem a bit off, She seems uninterested. Fortunately, we got the "Circus" music video where she was fully into it. :smokney2_smoke_britney_blackout_2007_sunglasses_red_cigarette_smoking:

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Agyness said:

Yes, it was very inspired and beautiful. However, I found the photoshoot to be a bit cold, in the sense that you could feel she wasn't fully present, a bit distant. The aesthetic I think was intentional in that way, to create a perfect and smooth image, especially after Blackout. In the Zone, with just one shoot for the cover, the spirit of the album was captured, and it became instantly iconic, the same goes for the "Britney" album. Here, not so much, they didn't take any risks. I remember the uproar on Britney forums in 2008 when the Circus album cover was released with those ridiculous little blue stars framing the album. The cover was also extremely retouched, whereas in the behind the scenes footage, you can see she was already very beautiful. yes, there are some very beautiful photos but some of the photos that came out seem a bit off, She seems uninterested. Fortunately, we got the "Circus" music video where she was fully into it. :smokney2_smoke_britney_blackout_2007_sunglasses_red_cigarette_smoking:

Thank you.

it was an awful album cover, and awful photoshoot.

it screamed CHEAP and you can tell both in the video and the pictures that she was totally over it before it even began.

like come on…

FSsEf5rXEAIRZo3.jpg:large

bye...

:bsass_britney_boys_nod:

Edited by super.nova
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, super.nova said:

Thank you.

it was an awful album cover, and awful photoshoot.

it screamed CHEAP and you can tell both in the video and the pictures that she was totally over it before it even began.

like come on…

FSsEf5rXEAIRZo3.jpg:large

bye...

:bsass_britney_boys_nod:

Facts! I mean, look at this photo by Mr. Patrick Demarchelier, it speaks for itself. His eye doesn’t lie, minimalism, no artifice, just her face with pure completely clear lines, her eyes are the focal point, with something raw, delicate, and sublime, relaxed yet confident. Her hair appears in motion and that blue is just perfect, soft yet vibrant, not overly saturated, giving it a calming, cold yet striking presence. The image is instantly striking, it will remain iconic and timeless forever. :smokney2_smoke_britney_blackout_2007_sunglasses_red_cigarette_smoking:

• Love 1

The concept was beautifully theatrical, but she was lackluster, with the exception of the photo with the cake, & maybe the one where she’s standing on a rope (which isn’t on the the set of photos included on the thread)

That said, the styling & sets were top-tier

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Alio said:

And to this day I'm wondering ...where are these pictures ?

Image tagged with britney spears, britney, gif – @britneyspearsgifs on  Tumblr

...but the result gave AI before AI.

Yesss! That's what for me makes them a bit strange. The small clown giving her the cake looks fake entirely...

And I always thought that gif was from the Circus MV

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Puppy said:

spacer.png

This photo always bothers me as she didn't even give any expression and basically staring at the camera without any  life.

Can't believe they were okay with it but that speaks to the conservatorship and how they treated her. 

then again the cship was okay with not making a DVD for the tour... which was even planned to happen :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing:

• Love 1
1 hour ago, PolySpears said:

Yesss! That's what for me makes them a bit strange. The small clown giving her the cake looks fake entirely...

And I always thought that gif was from the Circus MV

Wait ? I always thought it was the photoshoot but now that you're talking about it the haircut looks more like the one she has in the video. We never saw it anyway.

I think the clown was one of her kid, Jayden, if I'm not mistaken.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, MissDebbie said:

Nice gowns! Beautiful gowns!

Love the vibe and concept but she looks bored or like she rather do something else (like spend time with her kids) in most of them.

That spark and life is gone from her eyes. Yes she looks beautiful, but she not into it which makes it bland. 

The fiery spark that she has in the Blackout or ITZ photoshoot is gone.

She was on autopilot mode and we saw it on the pictures, there is "no passion no joy". I think she used those word in For the Record 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, itswwasheem***** said:

She was on autopilot mode and we saw it on the pictures, there is "no passion no joy". I think she used those word in For the Record 

Yes! She was sick and tired of it. I can imagine herself thinking I tried to escape all of this and yet here I am again. You can feel it and see it in her eyes.

Which baffles me this kind of threads with fans praising the shoot when you can tell she was not into it like at all. She was not happy to be there and yet you enjoy it and say she looks fabulous?:saywat-towelney:

She has been putting secret messages in her works since about 2003.
She has been doing it for 20 years.
It really is hers, their blood and bones

I am in awe of her cleverness, artistry, commitment, strength, patience and love💖
And how much pain and sorrow she has endured😭

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.