Is Britney Receiving The “Global Icon Award”?

In the Britney realm, I regard a vast amount of things as “too good to be true.” In particular, the semi-blether regarding the “Global Icon Award,” which I’ve granted some credence to, & I’ll explain why.

It doesn’t take much pondering to imagine Britney going up on stage & receiving an award that recognizes her for simply being an “icon.” Earnestly, there aren’t many artists who fit the mold these days. Surely, the word itself has been seemingly overused for just about any mundane thing in today’s pop culture. However, the substance in this accolade is that Britney genuinely represents the term in true context, considering she adequately earned the status, by reason of her talents, authenticity, & her unequaled magnetism.

Thus, it would be an honor for her to receive this “Global Icon Award,” in acknowledgement of her massive impact in the industry. Plus, this would be her first award as a liberated woman, which would mark this moment, not only as significant & empowering, but also highly monumental for herself, & her fans.

Resultingly, this sparked my main curiosity. Will Britney receive the “Global Icon Award” at this year’s VMA’s, or is this “buzz” nothing more than a lovely fictitious narrative?

• Love 1

I'm tired of these Global Icon Awards, Interstellar Star Awards, and World Legend Awards, seriously, we get it and it's so cheasy. Britney has been celebrated during her lifetime and awarded plenty. What's the point at this stage? Britney doesn’t care about these awards, she’s had so many already. If she wants to, it should be about making new music and showing the world how talented she is. But rewarding a past career that's already immensely recognized doesn’t make any sense to me. :ineedthetruth_oprah_huh_um_thinking_confused_what_truth_stare:

• Love 3
  • Like 4

offtopic, but kinda crazy how p diddy got the global incon award last year... kinda annoyed with how they have multiple of these "special honor" type of awards including the tricon they made up for gaga, and also i would never wanna see britney do this type of award again unless it came with an epic performance like the one at BBMAs or a really heartfelt speech, both of which i can never imagine her doing ever again, 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Emil87 said:

She already has the Video Vanguard award, and there’s no honor higher at the VMAs. At this point, they are just making up awards to get people to show up. It’s beyond desperate. All the years she gave them memorable, jaw-dropping performances and music videos, and they didn’t recognize her until 2008. They don’t deserve her and I hope she never attends this lame awards show again. Not sure why people are so fixated on this. 

I agree with the fact that she was overlooked all throughout her prime, only to be noticed later as a mode of sympathy. Either way, I don’t think of their awards in “tiers,” otherwise they wouldn’t have shaded her moment with so many distractions, instead of adequately “honoring” her with the Vanguard in 2011. In that sense, I also agree she’s potentially sought out plainly for ratings, & the industry doesn’t deserve her. So, even though I might've somehow become “fixated” over one, in many Britney rumors, you made some really great points, & I resonate with your opinion on the subject. Thank you

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Emil87 said:

She already has the Video Vanguard award, and there’s no honor higher at the VMAs. At this point, they are just making up awards to get people to show up. It’s beyond desperate. All the years she gave them memorable, jaw-dropping performances and music videos, and they didn’t recognize her until 2008. They don’t deserve her and I hope she never attends this lame awards show again. Not sure why people are so fixated on this. 

couldn’t have said it better myself

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Agyness said:

I'm tired of these Global Icon Awards, Interstellar Star Awards, and World Legend Awards, seriously, we get it and it's so cheasy. Britney has been celebrated during her lifetime and awarded plenty. What's the point at this stage? Britney doesn’t care about these awards, she’s had so many already. If she wants to, it should be about making new music and showing the world how talented she is. But rewarding a past career that's already immensely recognized doesn’t make any sense to me. :ineedthetruth_oprah_huh_um_thinking_confused_what_truth_stare:

I agree with your standpoint. She has nothing to prove at this stage in her career, but it’s not necessarily a bad thing to be celebrated for being an idolized artist, which she is. Although, I can see why so many people may disagree with the topic. Now, in respect to her music, I absolutely agree. She’s hugely talented, & has so much to offer.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, DoYouDare? said:

I agree with the fact that she was overlooked all throughout her prime, only to be noticed later as a mode of sympathy. Either way, I don’t think of their awards in “tiers,” otherwise they wouldn’t have shaded her moment with so many distractions, instead of adequately “honoring” her with the Vanguard in 2011. In that sense, I also agree she’s potentially sought out plainly for ratings, & the industry doesn’t deserve her. So, even though I might've somehow become “fixated” over one, in many Britney rumors, you made some really great points, & I resonate with your opinion on the subject. Thank you

Thanks for your sweet response and I hope you didn’t take my comment as me calling you out specifically. I was speaking more so generally, so many fans are still hung up about this flop awards show. I was too for a while because I grew up on it. But it’s just not the same anymore.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, MakeMeFweaky said:

kinda annoyed with how they have multiple of these "special honor" type of awards including the tricon they made up for gaga, and also i would never wanna see britney do this type of award again unless it came with an epic performance like the one at BBMAs or a really heartfelt speech, both of which i can never imagine her doing ever again, 

I see what you mean, her being awarded would be a great thing, so long as it’s done adequately with respect —& a meaningful speech. However, it does seem far-fetched, for sure. I appreciate your opinion.

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, Emil87 said:

Thanks for your sweet response and I hope you didn’t take my comment as me calling you out specifically. I was speaking more so generally, so many fans are still hung up about this flop awards show. I was too for a while because I grew up on it. But it’s just not the same anymore.

Oh no, you’re fine, I’m aware you were speaking for others as a whole, but I was actually also referring to myself. I’ll clarify though, I was more “hung up” on the idea of Britney being awarded, & not so much the show itself —because you’re right, it’s not the same anymore. So no worries, it’s okay. Thanks for being regardful, & I appreciate your kind response.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, DoYouDare? said:

She wasn’t truly honored at the bbmas either. Usually they wait until the end of the show to announce the big legacy wins. They announced she was being honored at the start of the show and then she opened it, but was never awarded on stage. If you tuned in late it can just appear that Britney was promoting her Vegas residency which is what a lot of media outlets said instead of saying she was honored with an award. Because she wasn’t celebrated or honored  during her performance which means, to me if she did a bad job that night she probably wouldn’t have felt that celebrated by the crowd…. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Oprah Winfrey. said:

She wasn’t truly honored at the bbmas either. Usually they wait until the end of the show to announce the big legacy wins. They announced she was being honored at the start of the show and then she opened it, but was never awarded on stage. If you tuned in late it can just appear that Britney was promoting her Vegas residency which is what a lot of media outlets said instead of saying she was honored with an award. Because she wasn’t celebrated or honored  during her performance which means, to me if she did a bad job that night she probably wouldn’t have felt that celebrated by the crowd…. 

I understand what you mean, I think many fans have felt that way at some point. Personally, I would’ve preferred for Britney to receive her award on stage, but oh well. At least her performance medley was fairly iconic.

27 minutes ago, KrisJ said:

For what? Spinning around at home and being retired? These awards are all garbage these days 

I can’t say I disagree with your comment. I guess I get a bit Britney-nostalgic at times, & get excited over the most unlikely scenarios. I appreciate your honesty.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.