Never count Britney out.

On 8/24/2024 at 12:49 PM, Emil87 said:

(Warning: long read)

So there’s been a lot of talk lately about the future of Britney’s music career. Many believe she will never return to the industry, or that she’s not even capable of returning. Well I just wanted to give a few examples of other times when people doubted her or counted her out.

1. I’m sure most long time fans remember the “long” break she took after In The Zone era. (In actuality, it was only about 3-4 years and she had two babies and a marriage/divorce during that time). Regardless, people began to think there’d no longer be a place for her on the pop scene…And then “Blackout” happened. Not only was she able to adapt her sound with current times, she managed to take pop music to another level entirely.

2. After lackluster performances during the Femme Fatale tour and Vegas residency, a lot of fans began losing faith in her abilities as a performer. They claimed her passion was gone, and that the spark in her eyes would never return. And then 2016 happened. Almost magically, Britney Spears came back to life, both on and off the stage. She was revitalized and focused, once again proving her detractors wrong.

3. After the disaster that was BJ, people began to think Britney had lost her touch and her ear for pop music completely. And then “Glory” happened, proving she was still very capable of delivering a solid body of work.

4. After the respective singles from BJ and Glory underperformed, people began to doubt if she would ever have another hit on the charts again. And then “Hold Me Closer” happened. It went to #1 in 5 countries, and was a top 10 hit in 19 others, including the US.

And here we are today, with many doubting she will ever make a return to music. And yes, I know she’s said she’s retired and done with the industry. But as we all know, Britney has said a lot of things and went on to change her mind. Who’s to say she won’t change it again? She also mentioned in her book that music was not her priority “at the moment”. That tells me that the possibility of new music is still on the table.

Yes, it’s been 8 years since her last LP, but a lot has happened since. I think we all just need to give her all the time she needs to heal, grow, and navigate life as a free woman. In the meantime, let’s keep the hope alive that the Princess of Pop will be back when she’s ready!

Long story short, you should never count Britney out. She is full of surprises, after all.

:wink_britney_everytime_white:

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.

I think Britney really means it when she says she NEVER wants to return to the music business. But that doesn’t mean she might not change her mind one day… she also said she’ll never date a man again and look where we are :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

Love how you pointed out the way she spoke about her music career in the book. One part of the book that really struck me was when she talked about a songwriting experience she had at a studio in Malibu. She said she might go back to it one day and write some songs for fun, but she also said she doesn’t know if she wants to get back to recording *FOR NOW*.

She made it very clear that she doesn’t want to do anything NOW. I don’t think she’s lying when she strongly says that she doesn’t want to do it AT ALL but I think she’s only expressing her wishes for the time being. 
I definitely think we’ll see her do one last album someday. That day might be closer or further than we think, who knows. But I think when she eventually returns she’ll do things in a much more different way than she did in the past.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, knee Queen of pop said:

I think Britney really means it when she says she NEVER wants to return to the music business. But that doesn’t mean she might not change her mind one day… she also said she’ll never date a man again and look where we are :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

Love how you pointed out the way she spoke about her music career in the book. One part of the book that really struck me was when she talked about a songwriting experience she had at a studio in Malibu. She said she might go back to it one day and write some songs for fun, but she also said she doesn’t know if she wants to get back to recording *FOR NOW*.

She made it very clear that she doesn’t want to do anything NOW. I don’t think she’s lying when she strongly says that she doesn’t want to do it AT ALL but I think she’s only expressing her wishes for the time being. 
I definitely think we’ll see her do one last album someday. That day might be closer or further than we think, who knows. But I think when she eventually returns she’ll do things in a much more different way than she did in the past.

I agree with you. Once she finds true peace with herself she will feel passion again. There is hope she will go back to things she enjoyed in the past, but Healing takes a lot of time, not 3 years as many here try to imply.

We have lots of archive music, videos etc. And we are lucky to witnessed her greatness. We are also lucky that she is still with us. 🌹

• Love 1

What a great positive thread, thank you for sharing! :clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer:

I hope for the same but after reading her book, It sort of gave me closure/acceptance as a diehard fan since 1998 that after everything she’s been through her career will likely never be as active as it once was and that is ok. I focus more now on just reliving the good ol’ days and celebrating her legacy rather than thinking about new projects. 

It’s honestly fun to look back and go on YouTube and watch her performances, interviews, commercials, music videos, etc. When you really go back and explore her legacy she truly gave us so much content. 

There are 9 studio albums, 8 compilations (including 2 remix albums), 3 EPs, 50 or so unreleased tracks have leaked online (which is 3-4 albums worth), 50 singles, 12 tours, 48 music videos, 10 home videos, over 150 promo performances, interviews, commercials, TV specials, documentaries, advertisements, endorsement deals, brand partnerships, merchandise, etc. 

• Love 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.