“State Of Grace”: A Thread

I’ve always believed Britney’s demo song “State Of Grace” deserves an official release. After all, this song is a gem, & it would actually add substance to her music catalog. Hence, why I’ll never understand how it’s remained vaulted for ages, just collecting dust (a travesty). In fact, she could’ve released it along with her memoir, & it would’ve blended well basing its context on self-love rather than on “love for another.” To put it briefly, not only is the track beautifully composed, but also very well sung by Britney. If anything, the only adjustment it seemingly needs, is a higher quality master. Which brings me back to my main point, will Britney ever decide to release “State Of Grace”? —& is there a way that perhaps the fans could request an official single release by trending it on social media, as it was done with “Mood Ring (By Demand)” a few years back? 

Just a thought.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, BuyingCircusTourDMMe said:

The song was released by another singer,

She might still be able to release her version. I recall Pink released “Whataya Want From Me,” a few years after she’d given it to Adam Lambert (if I’m not mistaken), but idk how that works

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Alio said:

Jive was like Oh you're not gonna use this song, ok he will...:oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

I honestly don’t even remember what this version sounds like, although the song seems more fitting for a female voice, & specifically, who better than Britney for it. Just my opinion.

• Love 1

I remastered it recently. I used a Blackout AI model to redo Britney’s vocals so we can have a high quality version of her vocals. The AI model was created from the Break the Ice sessions. I chose to use this model because I wanted the tone and cadence of her voice to be the most authentic to how it sounded when she actually recorded State of Grace. Overall I think it reproduced the acapella very nicely. Any spot where it sounded weird I just replaced with the original acapellA

i used a HQ mix of the released instrumental and vocals from the demo singer. Overall im Happy with the mix, though I want to redo the EQ and FX on some of the BGV. I hope you enjoy my attempt! I wanted to give the song a “ mix sound” that it so desperately deserves 

Edited by studlygeorge
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Oliver_ said:

The song is really beautiful live with the piano

To be fair, there’s a delicacy in his singing voice that suits the song well, so he sounds amazing, but hopefully (if possible) Britney will also be able to officially release her version at some point. 🤞🏻

• Like 1
1 hour ago, UnderHisSpell said:

Sadly they sold it. I think it would be enough if a Lossless & Final Mix version leaks :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

I don’t think anything beats an official single release, since the song would get the exposure it deserves, as well as sales/streams. It’s a stellar song with her voice on it, & one of her best, in my opinion.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.