Why wasn't there more "Glory" singles/music videos?

"Glory" is one of her best albums. 

britney_spears_glory_by_kallumlavigne_dd

This era deserved more singles with music videos. 

Yes, "Make Me" and "Slumber Party" are two strong singles, but there was so many more tracks to follow up. I think this era could have spawned at least 4 singles. :nyschool_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_preaching_telling_talking_hand:

I don't understand why so many songs were overlooked. There were so many radio-friendly tracks, like, "Just Luv Me," "Better" and "Love Me Down" :brityes_britney_yes_nodding:

Why do you think there were only two singles?

200.gif?cid=31ad6aa7byzcl9z3jeu90gyhw0t4

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, PlatinumB said:

I wish she spoke more about this in her book. I think she was getting back to her core self at that time but con wasn't going to have her feeling her best... They did their best to kill her spark and passion. :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing:

You're probably right. They are horrible. But then again if that is why they didn't put more effort in this era, that doesn't benefit them. "Glory" could have been a more successful era. :nyschool_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_preaching_telling_talking_hand:

• Like 3
Just now, JayTawndre said:

You're probably right. They are horrible. But then again if that is why they didn't put more effort in this era, that doesn't benefit them. "Glory" could have been a more successful era. :nyschool_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_preaching_telling_talking_hand:

Yeah if they were smart they would of let her do her thing and be at the top once again BUT the con worked for so long because she was made to feel constantly scared and alone... During this era she was had way more say. I assume they took it away from her as punishment.  Also the reason she was sent to that place was because she said no to a dance move. She was becoming rebellious again. Lou couldn't have that. Evil wench.  It's really just sad and twisted.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Emil87 said:

Because her team was the worst. Also, RCA is a flop label who gave up on the album way too quickly when the first two singles didn’t do as well as expected.

She should join a label that will fully invest in her music and her vision and who will give her the budget she deserves for promo and music videos, etc.

But she’s done with music so I guess it doesn’t matter anyway at this point. :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing:

Yeah RCA is also a flop but the con didn't help her situation. They were in control. Not Britney.

• Like 4
Just now, Emil87 said:

Because her team was the worst. Also, RCA is a flop label who gave up on the album way too quickly when the first two singles didn’t do as well as expected.

She should join a label that will fully invest in her music and her vision and who will give her the budget she deserves for promo and music videos, etc.

But she’s done with music so I guess it doesn’t matter anyway at this point. :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing:

I agree.

I think in time, hopefully, she will have a new era. I am hopeful. 

She needs to remember that she is the face of Pop music. She has her flowers. She is dealing with Imposter Syndrome right now, due to the amount of things she has been through:sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

We love you Britney. 

And yes, she needs a new label. RCA sucks.

• Love 5
  • Like 1
Just now, JayTawndre said:

I agree.

I think in time, hopefully, she will have a new era. I am hopeful. 

She needs to remember that she is the face of Pop music. She has her flowers. She is dealing with Imposter Syndrome right now, due to the amount of things she has been through:sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

We love you Britney. 

And yes, she needs a new label. RCA sucks.

Can you imagine how **** it would be to have her own label. I would DIE lol :anxiety_pill_struggle_panic_ahh_bottle_Wendy_williams_shake_shaking:

• Love 2

I think the moment she saw how passionate she was on this project, how alive she was during interview, team con knew she would come for blood at them. So they try to crash her spirit.

This and how incompetent RCA is. 

Also I think Sam didn't help, our girl was in love so she left her interest on music

• Love 3

Going into this era I really believe Britney wanted to do her best work. She was looking great, sounding great, and seemed passionate about making the album.

I don't think she was given a big enough budget to make another video, and maybe the first two singles weren't as big as expected. 

Also let's be honest, she started dating Sam when she met him on the set of Slumber Party and was enjoying that.

Also with fans she kind of lost a lot of excitement for this era when she scraped the original Make Me video. The VMA performance was good and we were lucky to have it, but it seemed like it wasn't as great as expected since she had to go right after Beyoncé. 

• Like 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.