What was your first reaction to "Womanizer" the song and music video?

4 hours ago, ElToxico said:

I actually wasn't impressed neither by the song or the video. The video was basically an uninspired copy of Toxic. And the song was incredibly monotone and repetitive. I remember being quite shocked it blew up the way it did because it was super mediocre.

Oh No Wow GIF by The Great British Bake Off

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

Aside from what she was going through at the time that none of us knew, I thought it was an incredible comeback. The narrative was that just a few months earlier she was close to death, and here she was looking healthy and back in her prime, which seemed like a pipe dream in 2007/early 2008. I was super impressed that she could release a banger, make a music video with sophisticated and difficult choreography, and then perform it live in several different countries in the span of a week and made it seem like she never left. Knowing what we know now, it's just another testament to her strength and talent. 

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
3 minutes ago, JayTawndre said:

Thank you so much. I miss my mom... she was misunderstood with a heart... I used to say I am like her but I am not... My story is long and there is so many ups and downs like us all... 

You're welcome and I understand what its like to lose a loved one.

Its truly inspiring the way you share your story on Exhale and you have so much strength.

I really admire that. 

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, Princessmimi said:

You're welcome and I understand what its like to lose a loved one.

Its truly inspiring the way you share your story on Exhale and you have so much strength.

I really admire that. 

Believe me, it just is as hard being an open person, like myself. :crying3_britney_sobbing_tears_sad:

I have strength I do not even realize. I am like Britney right now, the trauma effected my mental health and I feel so lost. 

But God loves me I am His child. :crying3_britney_sobbing_tears_sad:

I share my story for several reasons. One is for the ones who are scared to share or feel alone in their trials. The other reason is because everyone should be heard :nyschool_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_preaching_telling_talking_hand:

• Like 1
On 8/7/2024 at 6:50 AM, Eternalhouse said:

I thought the video was nice, very 'Toxic' considering it's Joseph Kahn's work. All of her looks suit her very well and she plays the rolls perfectly.

However I was and am still not the biggest fan of the song, a bit too electro synth-ish for me, and a bit too repetative, with hardly no vocally vocals. But it is a fun song.

Agree. I like the video way more than I like the song. 

4 hours ago, JayTawndre said:

Believe me, it just is as hard being an open person, like myself. :crying3_britney_sobbing_tears_sad:

I have strength I do not even realize. I am like Britney right now, the trauma effected my mental health and I feel so lost. 

But God loves me I am His child. :crying3_britney_sobbing_tears_sad:

I share my story for several reasons. One is for the ones who are scared to share or feel alone in their trials. The other reason is because everyone should be heard :nyschool_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_preaching_telling_talking_hand:

Blossoming Season 3 GIF by Nanalan'

• Love 1

Forever one of my top favorites. Eternal banger.

I didn’t stan until Blackout, so this was my first release truly following the hype — counting down to its release, and hoping it would be something great.

In my opinion, it fully delivered. When the song came out, it was the only thing I listened to for a week straight. 

• Love 1

I remember reading a review calling it something like "childs song" with how repetitive the chorus was. And I heard a horrible leak where I could hardly listen to the song LOL

It was repetitive but catchy, it was fun :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm: 

now the MV was everything, especially coming after the Blackout videos which were so on the low end compared to her previous work :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.