Britney announces new biopic with Oscar-winning producer Marc Platt

26 minutes ago, 3Pney said:

Will this movie be on theaters or a streaming platform? Because if its in theaters, it will flop big time. Lets be real, nobody will pay money and spare a few hours for a britney movie these days considering her public image. Hope it will be on streaming platforms.

Y'all play a lot with britney, it's almost as if she didn't have millions of people running to libraries to buy her book last year

2 minutes ago, Dark Willow said:

A book and a movie are different things. 

Whitney movie flopped hard. Not every biopic is a big hit.

With all the due respect Britney is immensely more intriguing and marketable to the general public than Whitney, it's not even close, this movie had production giants fighting for their lives to get their hands on it. :ipass_britney_xfactor_no_words:

• Love 2
  • Like 1
32 minutes ago, 3Pney said:

Will this movie be on theaters or a streaming platform? Because if its in theaters, it will flop big time. Lets be real, nobody will pay money and spare a few hours for a britney movie these days considering her public image. Hope it will be on streaming platforms.

Gurl, what? LOL the fact Universal Pictures won the bid against Disney, Fox, Sony and Netflix means they have a lot of faith in the project. Biopics are made for a broad audience, specially when an excellent team (director, producers and cast) is behind them.

I'm not a fan of Elvis but the trailer alone made me want to check it out. And I loved the movie. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
7 minutes ago, Dark Willow said:

A book and a movie are different things. 

Whitney movie flopped hard. Not every biopic is a big hit.

Whitney's movie was awfully managed. It went through extensive reshoots because it got very bad feedback at test screenings. Also the release date did not help. 

Britney's biopic has a huge team behind it, you can't compare them

• Love 1
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, Pablitonizer said:

Whitney's movie was awfully managed. It went through extensive reshoots because it got very bad feedback at test screenings. Also the release date did not help. 

Britney's biopic has a huge team behind it, you can't compare them

The huge team with Cade Hudson heavily involved...

We actually can compare,  people were saying Whitney would be an Oscar contender... it had a big hype at the beginning. It was released by Sony. 

Whitney was a legend known worldwide, with lots of controversy (just like Britney).

2 hours ago, toysoldier88 said:

Sounds all over the place tbh. She stated multiple times she didn't like the free Britney documentaries, She clearly does not like when "other people pretend to be her" ( She hated JL singing her songs on stage and the hailey video...) I don't see how this Is any better... She's alive she should tell her own story...

You can’t all be this dense. She didn’t appreciate all of those documentaries and films (lifetime) being done without her consent/involvement/direction/creative input etc. 

This film literally is a screen adaptation of *her own* book and story and words. And will be intimately involved along with her team in the entire creation of this film from beginning to end. Like how is this so hard for you all to understand? The nuance to her statements are so unbelievably clear and then “fans” try to twist every single comment she writes or says in the past and paints her out to be contradictory and untrustworthy. It’s extremely weird, like leave her the **** alone and just support her as she is able to make massive projects like this a reality for her on her terms with her and her team in control, unlike how it was for her for 13 years under her father and TriStar. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Dark Willow said:

The huge team with Cade Hudson heavily involved...

We actually can compare,  people were saying Whitney would be an Oscar contender... it had a big hype at the beginning. It was released by Sony. 

Whitney was a legend known worldwide, with lots of controversy (just like Britney).

This project has Marc Platt, Jon Chu, and Universal Pictures at the helm. This movie will have ALL of the resources in the industry it needs. This film is going to be carefully managed and will be huge. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1

It’s quite obvious Universal has huge expectations for this. We still dont know how they’re going to go about it, but I’m sure it will be successful, whether they make a movie based on her story or a movie with a ‘Britney’ character, we don’t know. I agree that biopics are pretty hit or miss, so it will depend on the cast as well…But like I have no doubt it will be successful, I mean it’s Universal lol.

18 minutes ago, (You Drive Chris) Crazy said:

This project has Marc Platt, Jon Chu, and Universal Pictures at the helm. This movie will have ALL of the resources in the industry it needs. This film is going to be carefully managed and will be huge. 

Don't bother to explain, probably this user is not aware of any of them lol 

Edited by Pablitonizer
  • Like 1
28 minutes ago, (You Drive Chris) Crazy said:

This film is going to be carefully managed and will be huge. 

We don't know that,  baby.

We need to see details of the production first, a lot can happen while making a movie.

Again,  prople said similar things about the Whitney biopic... they were predicting Oscars before the mess they released. 

Hmmm I love the idea of this but am also quite lukewarm on the biopic genre ... so I'll reserve my judgment till I actually see the film.  That is, if its actually made. A lot of movies end up in production hell, and it wouldn't surprise me if this one does too, as Brit will likely not want to be involved in it but she also isn't a fan of unauthorized portrayals of her.

So I could see this project struggling in striking a middle ground between being officially endorsed & licensed by her... but also not having a direct involvement from her, which could lead to a sour & tense dynamic between Britney & the filmmakers.

2 minutes ago, SatisfactionOops said:

Hmmm I love the idea of this but am also quite lukewarm on the biopic genre ... so I'll reserve my judgment till I actually see the film.  That is, if its actually made. A lot of movies end up in production hell, and it wouldn't surprise me if this one does too, as Brit will likely not want to be involved in it but she also isn't a fan of unauthorized portrayals of her.

So I could see this project struggling in striking a middle ground between being officially endorsed & licensed by her... but also not having a direct involvement from her, which could lead to a sour & tense dynamic between Britney & the filmmakers.

It would be better if they just use her music catalog for some random movie than a biopic. Some musical a little inspired by her life, but not exactly her life.

IF Britney will be involved... And I don't believe she will...

How 2007 will be represented? She hated everything about images from the time, she is embarrassed by the head shaving  (she contradicts herself about the episode). She will freaked out if they showed the controversial things? The JT cheating? The abor**on? The c-ship not allowing her nothing?

One thing is a book, a movie is a way bigger thing... for way more people.

If it will be a bland biopic, it needs to focus on the music like the Elton John one.

And she should hire women to do it, not men.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.