*****cat Dolls Reunion Could Be Closer Than You Think, According to Robin Antin

4 hours ago, ainey said:

It didn’t flop. It did okay internationally but then literally a month later the pandemic happened. Granted the song was probably never gonna be number one on the Billboard Hot 100, but they couldn’t even perform the song in America. The GP didn’t even know they reunited. They hadn’t released a song in a decade and they were in their 40s. The song was always going to need time to catch on. How was the song supposed to chart under those circumstances?

Despite all that though the song did make an impact in the gay community which was always going to be their main demographic at this phase in their career. So watch your mouth about my dolls :mcwave_mariah_Carey_kiss_bye_goodbye_wave:

Correct, the song was not a flop, and now a hit doesn’t mean number 1 on billboard. TikTok is where the hits are made atm. However, the song was huge in the US. They performed it a dozen times on US TV, Grammy’s, Today show, etc.. The song was catchy and everyone knew the group was back, but the pandemic is what halted it in its tracks. They were on track to have a huge comeback and the label was on board.

Now the momentum is gone, and tbh I don’t think they’ll find another song as catchy as React. It’s still stuck in my head to this day.

14 minutes ago, A.a.A said:

Correct, the song was not a flop, and now a hit doesn’t mean number 1 on billboard. TikTok is where the hits are made atm. However, the song was huge in the US. They performed it a dozen times on US TV, Grammy’s, Today show, etc.. The song was catchy and everyone knew the group was back, but the pandemic is what halted it in its tracks. They were on track to have a huge comeback and the label was on board.

Now the momentum is gone, and tbh I don’t think they’ll find another song as catchy as React. It’s still stuck in my head to this day.

I definitely wouldn’t say it was huge in the US. When did they perform on US TV? It was all overseas tv from what I remember. They’ll have a tougher time coming back this time for sure. They could easily get a better song though. React is good for the clubs but it was never gonna be a monster hit with the US general public. But the gays loved it. 

Edited by ainey
1 hour ago, stanLOONA said:

Girl, ditch Nicole and start a new chapter with the dollz :miley_cyrus_stare_meme: bring back Melody and they all sing at least a line, c'mon now :pleaseshhh_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_tell_talk_preach_pollard:

Sorry but Melody is nowhere near Nicole. If they don’t have Nicole there’s honestly no point trying to come back in a mainstream capacity. Melody can’t sing in one key to save her life and she’s not a dancer. If Melody is the “lead” they’re going to be limited to performing at night clubs and low budget festivals.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.