Are Britney fans being mean towards Halsey? — I'm a person. Not a character in a music video

I did a bit of snooping in her fanbase and it seems some were disappointed with her comeback. They used to criticize her for promoting her makeup brand instead of releasing music. Or for not being enough of an internet activist.

idk just annoying fans being entitled. 

Spoiler

Sound familiar? :quirkney_britney_well_welp_giggle_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_joke:

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Puppy said:

As an unemployed person, is work that hard? 

It depends on the job, I guess, and how much you love it. Currently, I’m on summer break, so it’s not that bad. But honestly, I just want to be a pop star!!!Ariana Grande Singing GIF by The Voice

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Style. said:

It depends on the job, I guess, and how much you love it. Currently, I’m on summer break, so it’s not that bad. But honestly, I just want to be a pop star!!!Ariana Grande Singing GIF by The Voice

Hahaha Is it wrong to say channel your inner Britney Jean and blast Work *****? Cuz I do :yesokay_britney_blush_blink:

• Haha 1

she said MY OWN FANS

You want to bring a TOXIC discussion here and I will speak: I'm so sorry those girls are here looking for validation on a britney community, this place is chaotic and we can be mean towards other artists cause we can be ugly just like random people in comments sections elsewhere,

I don't think the Britney fans here care about Halsey, I've never seen a hardcore Halsey fan here and then you come to Exhale and suggest we are being mean? who cares? This girl is a local american singer, lots of people here don't pay attention to her or don't even know who she is, I'm so sorry she had a blood cancer I've seen a neighbour die from it when I was a teenager and it freaked me out. It's also not fair to say ALL britney fans are being mean, pretty sure some liked it humans just tend to focus on the negative comments online.

I think the fans just love the LUCKY britney song and didn't like it to be mixed with other people story in the video. It was confusing in the first place to some, some britney fans are sensitive towards britney past and didn't like it and THAT'S OKAY. However the song is not bad and if you have a brain you would know it's a video about Halsey's life. She sings well, the stripped version that was posted today is very stayley and good. I wish her success with the new album, I'll probably give it a try like other britney fans will do. 

And that letter suits as BRITNEY writing a letter to some of her fans here. There's talks here lately about Britney reading exhale, I don't think it's good for her mental health to read comments here, maybe someone on her team should clip something from time to time to her tho, I think she would get sensitive with some crazy comments here or she's laughing hard at home, but bad commenbts are in full force lately specially with some fans that are missing her art and music and her instagram trigger those pop culture fans of hers, I just think we should be patient or just go with the flow and just don't care about it, it's her life choices, Adele retired recently too, but I have hopes it's just a matter of time for Britney to feel creative again and share her voice again. Maybe it's time to just be happy with her songs being out there played in the world.

• Love 2

Are Britney fans being mean to Halsey? Oh no no.. Not all at all! Come on..

Nah.. Okay yea. A little.

Okay maybe more than a little.. Hey come on? What do people expect? You want this to be an herb garden? It's a Britney forum god d**n it!

I wasn't mean to Halsey though. Only some other celebrities maybe. Long time ago. I have reformed myself though. Totally..

Oh yea.. That's it. Hmm.

idk i genuinely don't put any energy into halsey positive or negative
she could focus on her life rather than peoples' opinions if she is unhappy, or hire a team to put her in a bubble if she can't handle it

6 minutes ago, OneTrackMind said:

She literally said my own fans in the first sentence, what has that to do with Britney or her fans??

Was thinking the same thing, like I thought I may have read it wrong first lol This has nothing to do with Britney

Super interesting. Britney, Halsey maybe Taylor Swift. Wasn't there also something with her? Is fanculture tougher these times or what? Have things changed? I don't know, I'm new to these things.

I like being here very much, but sometimes I feel as it would be better in some way for both me and Britney if I wasn't.

It's like things changed a little for me when I joined. Some times I just don't feel good, like

"Do I really need people to shake my faith in Britney? Making me doubt whether she's sane? Making me doubt myself when her beautiful little IG clips are blasted by others? Feeling a little pressured at times to look for flaws with her, rather than how simple and one-sided I otherwise would see things? Making me consider whether I'm part of enabling some behaviour that maybe I shouldn't be?"

I find this topic very interesting. And it is no doubt real that one can totally, even if one is strong, get sucked into a bad atmosphere. No doubt most people are here because they are Britney fans none the less at times things do get weird. People here even talk about it. Alot.

• Like 1

Britney launched it. Then backtracked and so it made it all ok in Britney land??

no literally Halsey dropped the video and Britney sent a nuclear bomb of fans to disparage and attack Halsey. Halsey is crushed she worked really hard. These people disguised themselves as Halsey fans but they were sent by Britney 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.