Would A New Britney Album Be Successful or Flop Due To Drama & Headlines?

Just now, DiamondCircus said:

The difference is Blackout was out before social media really took off like it has the last 10-15 years it's picked up.

This album is iconic, but sales were panned compared to the 3 albums prior, animated video and only 3 singles.

Commercially it bombed at the time.

Chris Crocker bought 10 cds tho 🤨

1 minute ago, DiamondCircus said:

The difference is Blackout was out before social media really took off like it has the last 10-15 years it's picked up.

This album is iconic, but sales were panned compared to the 3 albums prior, animated video and only 3 singles.

Commercially it bombed at the time.

it did not, it debuted at number 2 and that was because they changed the rules in the last minute. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Toxic.Latin said:

it did not, it debuted at number 2 and that was because they changed the rules in the last minute. 

I know where the album debuted and I'm aware of the rule change, just because an album debuts high then falls off the charts doesn't make it a success.

Besides Gimme More peaked at #3 which was great, but the album tanked compared to BOMT, OIDA and ITZ.

Love the album, just saying commercially it was one of her lowest selling next to BJ and Glory. 

7 minutes ago, Popprincess19 said:

Max martin? Will.I.am produced some amazing fergie songs like big girls don’t cry

Max Martin songs in 2024-2026 would be interesting, I think people want to hear more of her artistry and personal type songs.

Or maybe a combo, but corny catchy 90's pop right not isn't it.

It would sail. For like one or two weeks because of the impact of Britney's legacy/name. But then it would sink if it had no updated marketing or something like that... Then the hype would disappear.

• Like 1

Anything she does will be high profile and discussed and reviewed everywhere. However many people are not active fans of hers anymore and if she wanted to regain public favor she will need to do some PR leading up to the launch of any new project. It could be as simple as doing professional social media posts or as involved as a documentary or interview.

The more people hear her truth, the more they love her. But some people are turned off by what they are seeing and stop listening to her.

8 minutes ago, MissDebbie said:

A success.

Not one soul outside of the internet cares about her troubles with Halsey or her tabloid dramas. 

Maybe the last thing they heard about Britney was the viral dance with knives and the book.

1 minute ago, Fita said:

Maybe the last thing they heard about Britney was the viral dance with knives and the book.

Yup! They remember her mostly because of her dance videos, which are often memed. This last weekend, no one outside of the fanbases cared about the Halsey situation. I have been checking the Welcome skateboard account this weekend, and people just adore her! And Im surprised that the people buying the merch are not you usual Britney fans, but skaters men, claiming how much they love her and how she was a fundamental part of their early lives.

Queen will be fine, and if she drops outstanding music she will be adored to hell and back by the public. They like her.  

• Love 4
  • Like 1
54 minutes ago, DiamondCircus said:

Fanbase doesn't know how to stream people still reaching for I tunes charts success.

:tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe:

They k ow how to stream. Besides the fan base isn't the only people interested in her. She still make headlines and people still talk about her imperically.  

We didn't think her book was going to be successful, but look now?

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Britney671 said:

They k ow how to stream. Besides the fan base isn't the only people interested in her. She still make headlines and people still talk about her imperically.  

We didn't think her book was going to be successful, but look now?

Who didn’t think the book would be successful? Banon ? :nomnom_shake_chest_boobs_dance:

59 minutes ago, PolySpears said:

she should do a tour and proper promo if she does an album ... or let it be like blackout

and she might outsell Taylor :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

Who cares about Taylor? I like the fact that she made an album to her year of birth but mostly because I was born the same year.

I guess it's not that bad an album, but her music is just not really my thing. I guess Taylor Swift can be Britneys adorable musical little sister. Like in that photo on her IG. But that's as high as I'll ever go, not giving Taylor Swift a dollar beyond that. And sometimes I feel like she feels she's gone beyond Britney.

Yea dream on girl, that's the stuff this world is made from after all. Good luck.

She would need to just drop the album, no promo for a week, maybe a vacation in Mexico during this time

and then announce huge world comeback tour starting from Japan.

No singles, no music videos, complete silence until stepping on stage in Japan.

Thnks fr th mmrs : Britney Spears Live from Las Vegas (2002)

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.