Who is your Britney?

There's one Britney and her name is Britney Spears. She lives in California and was born in the early 80's. I think she likes to travel.

But we each live our life and each have our unique story. Maybe my Britney is not yours and yours isn't mine. Britney may be a different woman to different people but there may also be alot of commonality.

My Britney is a little of a mystery. I didn't even really know anything about her until few years ago. I didn't grow up on pop music.

I think deepest down she will forever be the woman who sang for me through my headphones as I was doing my workout suddenly locked in a little outside smoking cage on the first floor of a mental hospital in the summer of 2020. She sang so beautifully and powerfully and I saw how something in her voice addressed the absurdity I felt about everything around me at that time. Everything that had gotten me to workout all day long and everything that had stressed me also to the point where I got locked up. The first thing my papers said was in boldface "patient appears tormented".

She sang If You Seek Amy and Overprotected and Oops and BOMT and Circus and a few other songs. She sang those of her songs for me that I already knew. Although until then, I had never really listened before. But now I listened and nothing before or after have ever had such an effect on me in my combat training as what begin in that cage on that hospital.

I could go on forever so I'll just stop there and pass it on to you. Maybe if you grab it and write about your Britney, I'll add more to mine later.

What I'm really hoping for is that someone will share a common Britney. One that many people will recognize, mine is a little personal I guess. The topic is open though.

• Love 3

My Britney is a survivor, mother, sister, friend, and legendary pop icon. She is currently taking time for herself and doesnt listen to her fake fans that think she owes them something. 

She also likes vanilla candles, cute puppies, and trashy men with big d icks. 

She is a god, a legend, she is the legendary Ms. Britney Spears. 

• Love 6

My Britney is the girl from the Oops I Did It Again era. That was my first CD of hers, my parents bought it for my bday that year and I would sit on my bed as a young boy and listen to it over and over again on my CD player. :yeahhh_britney_oops_red_fist_cheer_yeah_smile_happy:  I also had a poster of her by a truck in what I assume now was Louisiana and I would just stare at it attentively. Thats my first memory of loving Britney.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, monalisaney81 said:

My Britney is the girl from the Oops I Did It Again era. That was my first CD of hers, my parents bought it for my bday that year and I would sit on my bed as a young boy and listen to it over and over again on my CD player. :yeahhh_britney_oops_red_fist_cheer_yeah_smile_happy:  I also had a poster of her by a truck in what I assume now was Louisiana and I would just stare at it attentively. Thats my first memory of loving Britney.

That's so sweet! She can be magic. Maybe like the talking portraits from Harry Potter? I did it too with her book cover. And then a merger I made in some transparency way with a Britney Mona Lisa image.

1 hour ago, BlackoutITZ said:

I'm glad that you found a lot of strength and inspiration in Britney's music at a tough period of your life, I'm sure Britney would be happy to know that her art has that kind of positive effect on people too :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

Thank you for saying that! She has a beautiful smile!

48 minutes ago, LordofTheMoodRing said:

She is like a best friend you haven’t seen in awhile but when you connect everything is adrenaline, pure joy, and laughing so hard it hurts. Im glad so many fans cherish her. She is magic… Do You Wanna Come Over is playing now 🩵😎😛

I like that Britney, maybe much these times, she can be that Britney to me also.

The Cvnty Cvnt Princess of Pop.

2003 Britney will always be my favorite. She exuded so much power, edginess, and coolness. Every girl wanted to be her and every boy wanted to f her. Not everybody got that!:mcwave_mariah_Carey_kiss_bye_goodbye_wave:

new-outtakes-from-2003-blender-shoot-v0-

Edited by MissDebbie
  • Love 4

My Britney is toxic video Britneys. She is humble worker. Seksy vixen. And superwoman. She is strong yet vulnerable. She knows how to stand up for herself. She falls for a man she thinks good but then they took of their mask she sees they r far from her fantasy. 

14 hours ago, Propagandalf said:

This is my Britney

Music Video Hair Flip GIF

Purest I've seen her in any video. 

YES

Britney to me is confidence, someone very thoughtful, can be a little misunderstood, someone silly and fun, someone that can be unapologetic sometimes bc it’s fun to say stupid things in private and provoke reflection and just laugh, someone that likes to travel and eat good food, someone that likes uplifting and sassy songs, someone that likes genuine affection, someone that can teach and be sensitive and tough, someone that likes to learn about things, someone that likes nature and be free to have fun and explore life!

Britney inspired me to be happy and have fun and to play and to not take life so serious, her music and performances brought me joy and makes me want to move and feel good. In my dreams I’m her best friend and I always felt like I understand her, so weird to think about it. I should actually check our synastry chart and interpretation, we have a lot in common in the astro world. I love her a lot and I wish her all the best and lots of peace and joy and that sometimes it’s better to let go of control and just trust the flow of the universe (I’m actually giving a self advice I need to not stop evolving and be a better person in every new day). 

• Love 2

Something about Gloryney always resonated with me, she had such an unexplainable presence, similar to the one of a comforting mother, yet she still exuded that big popstar energy that you don't see anymore, it's hard to explain, and maybe even oxymoronic.

Something I always appreciated about Britney is how multidimensional she is, there's so many sides of her, some that we probably don't even know; and I think that's why all of us we relate in a way or another, she has the ability to resonate with all kinds of people. :britney-f-tmz:

• Love 1

Hey,

I like what you wrote. It was beautifully written. I'll show you a little of mine.

My Britney is fierce, se-xy and doing it without letting other people's reaction guide my steps. I'm powerful.

She and I, we have beautiful voices.

She knows how to communicate in a light way. Sometimes when I smoke we-ed I do feel a little like that - or a lot. Chaotic-ney. You know what I mean. Funny, with large clothes. Doing little jokes just for the sake of it. Singing opera in the window of the hotel - a trivial thing?

Britney knows how to be shady at other people but I don't find it to be particularly a quality. More like a defense mechanism. Sometimes I don't need to use that, though.

Britney kind of taught me how to dance. Only kind of. She inspires me. She takes my arms in such an energetic way like whe she did on that I Can't Get No (Satisfaction) / Oops...! performance. 

She looks effortless funny and pretty however she's pretty much hardworking - I've heard that. That should inspire me. My father is a very hardworking example in my life too.

Because of this woman I want to have one day a beautiful blonde long hair. I want to feel that way. I want to feel beautiful on my own, without needing so much that others tell me I look beautiful. I want to be FEEL beautiful. Maybe one day I'll bleach my hair or I'll buy a pretty wig. 

I don't know Britney Jean Spears personally. All around me - my father, my mother, my dogs, some friends or one guy or another. That's what I have in my day. But I do listen to a lot of Britney's voice - through her music. I know nature. I know she's a sagittarius. I've read her book. I love to dance like I know she does - just the dance itself, not necessarily the choreo of it.

Is Britney a fairy? No, she's a human. A very tormented human like me, you and I. Oh Gosh, how I am... But we have our moments, our beautiful artsy moments dancing and writing. We're only humans. And most likely... the light that I see in Britney is the light that is within me. I'm lucky. I'm lucky too.

I just want to be beautiful. Like a fairy, without trying too hard and dancing!

I'm suspecting Britney has the light that I have but somehow I am unable to see it.

Edited by Fita
  • Love 1
On 7/30/2024 at 2:19 PM, Jibreel said:

There's one Britney and her name is Britney Spears. She lives in California and was born in the early 80's. I think she likes to travel.

But we each live our life and each have our unique story. Maybe my Britney is not yours and yours isn't mine. Britney may be a different woman to different people but there may also be alot of commonality.

My Britney is a little of a mystery. I didn't even really know anything about her until few years ago. I didn't grow up on pop music.

I think deepest down she will forever be the woman who sang for me through my headphones as I was doing my workout suddenly locked in a little outside smoking cage on the first floor of a mental hospital in the summer of 2020. She sang so beautifully and powerfully and I saw how something in her voice addressed the absurdity I felt about everything around me at that time. Everything that had gotten me to workout all day long and everything that had stressed me also to the point where I got locked up. The first thing my papers said was in boldface "patient appears tormented".

She sang If You Seek Amy and Overprotected and Oops and BOMT and Circus and a few other songs. She sang those of her songs for me that I already knew. Although until then, I had never really listened before. But now I listened and nothing before or after have ever had such an effect on me in my combat training as what begin in that cage on that hospital.

I could go on forever so I'll just stop there and pass it on to you. Maybe if you grab it and write about your Britney, I'll add more to mine later.

What I'm really hoping for is that someone will share a common Britney. One that many people will recognize, mine is a little personal I guess. The topic is open though.

Now I'm no longer working out all day everyday and it's been a while to put it mildly, but I'm still in good shape, maintaining my basic skills and just being hot and healthy.

Got focus on diet, in a stealthy way though, and somehow the work out and Britney are no longer so tightly connected for me. The amazing thing though; it's like it doesn't even really do a big difference. I just like her the same or maybe more so.

What I really find amazing is that I see something timeless about her. How often can people like 30 years of another person? Well with Britney I like the young Britney and the entertainer that rose to world fame. I like the mother finally out of conservatorship. The instagrammer. The author.

She's just that person that was there for all the years of my life, but that I didn't even notice for three decades while she became the lovely woman she is. Didn't notice until I was ready. Didn't notice until so many others after her had climbed that ladder of fame.

All of that really instills a deep sense of optimism. Like there's so much more to this world than we think and see.

On 7/31/2024 at 5:42 PM, YellowPaperSun said:

Something about Gloryney always resonated with me, she had such an unexplainable presence, similar to the one of a comforting mother, yet she still exuded that big popstar energy that you don't see anymore, it's hard to explain, and maybe even oxymoronic.

Something I always appreciated about Britney is how multidimensional she is, there's so many sides of her, some that we probably don't even know; and I think that's why all of us we relate in a way or another, she has the ability to resonate with all kinds of people. :britney-f-tmz:

I like alot of what you wrote there. Are you also optimistic too about her now and in the future?

10 hours ago, Jibreel said:

I like alot of what you wrote there. Are you also optimistic too about her now and in the future?

I like to think that she's doing everything she's doing as of right now for a reason, but honestly, I'm just very confused. My gut tells me something weird is happening behind the scenes but I'm not a big fan of the conspiracy theories, so until something truly concerning happens I'll keep them to myself.

Edited by YellowPaperSun
  • Like 1

Don’t want to be a party pooper but just wanted to remind y’all that none of y’all own Britney. Saying “my Britney” is cringe. 

But I understand what you’re saying - you’re essentially saying “in my eyes, Britney is…”

So here goes - in my eyes, Britney is a gorgeous Southern girl who deserved so much better.

:crying2_britney_crying_tears_2003_diane_sobbing_sad:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.