What's 'Bombastic Love' about?

First and foremost, you need to recognize that most of her bubblegum pop songs were written by Swedes, so some of the themes or word choices may not always make sense. That's why when it comes to her songs, you can't always overanalyze the lyrics because they're written from the perspective of someone who may not fully understand western English metaphors, sayings, and/or grammar.

When looking at Britney songs (and really any pop group around that time), the key is to just understand the general theme of the song and leave it at that. If you start picking apart line by line, you'll find that some stuff just doesn't make sense and you'll send yourself into a rabbit hole thinking there is hidden meaning when in reality, the writer just needed to make a word rhyme or fit into the melody/rhythm structure.

As far as Bombastic Love goes, it's really summed up in the chorus: "And it's gonna be exactly like in the movies, when we fall in love for the first time."

It's just about two people falling in love. The versus are really just filler.

Edited by Gypsy Woman
8 minutes ago, Gypsy Woman said:

As far as Bombastic Love goes, it's really summed up in the chorus: "And it's gonna be exactly like in the movies, when we fall in love for the first time."

It's just about two people falling in love. The versus are really just filler.

The other person doesn’t know she exists, though. “It’s GONNA be bombastic love… it’s GONNA be exactly like in the movies… you and I should meet… When I wake up everything is still the same and you don’t even know my name…”. 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, whenthedogscaneout said:

The other person doesn’t know she exists, though. “It’s GONNA be bombastic love… it’s GONNA be exactly like in the movies… you and I should meet… When I wake up everything is still the same and you don’t even know my name…”. 

It sounds so delulu to me and kinda sad. Almost stalker vibes.

Edited by Fita
  • Haha 2
  • Super Mods
3 hours ago, Fita said:

Yeah, I remember she said that but Bombastic Love I don't think it was one of them. Rami Yacoub and Max wrote them I suppose.

Oh ok.

I think she did co-write Cinderella, so that's a song that she wrote that ended up on the album.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.