Britney ISN'T normal, and that's okay. Cut her some slack.

So I've seen seeing a lot of disgusting comments about Britney lately. Mind you I did say she should not be a du***** about the Halsey situation due to being frustrated about her being impulsive, but I digress. It gave me time to think, and research.

I do think, and always have thought that the fanbase should be a lot more gentle, and kind when it comes to Britney's decisions..

When she got with Paul, people said awful things, questioned her taste in men as a grown woman, as if she ran through all of LA's men despite being married not too long ago 

I feel like people still don't get just how severe her specific situation is. We know she's gone to therapy, and might be going again.

The biggest problem people have is her IG though, and not being able to see the visual change in her.

Her Instagram is not really a concern aside from maybe the "knife dance" and her smoking in the studio while dancing.

Dance is art, and is a form of therapy for her, which she has said several times. As someone who also is going into the creative industry, writing stories, singing, creating characters, dancing can be a good way to deal with whatever you have going on.

Plus, the Instagram videos are a very small portion of her life, no matter how unhinged they look. She's quite literally just dancing out her negative emotions.

Next, the venting. Not everything needs a response directly from her. She took back her power from those involved in the conservatorship. I think she should hire a really good team, that is on her side, tells her how her Instagram really looks, makes her a powerful force in the industry, without her necessarily coming back on stage right away, or even ever. Just to show she's not someone to be ****ed with. Her team should be able to handle a lot for her, she has the resources to do that. A lot of her frustration should be dealt with in private.

I think Britney should go back to studio, and write/record stuff, to let out her negative emotions through art, since she's already doing it in dance. Doesn't even need to release it if she doesn't want to. Quit smoking, maybe get a vocal and dance coach. Keep herself fit both mentally and physically. Enjoy life. Make some A-list friends and help build her confidence again.

My frustration comes from the fanbase not willing to give her the benefit of the doubt, and rather bash her every time she makes a mistake. I can understand the frustrations, but remember that she has far more severe trauma compared to most cases you can dig up.

From the National Institute of Mental Health:

https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/post-traumatic-stress-disorder-ptsd

"Although some people recover within 6 months, others have symptoms that last for 1 year or longer. People with PTSD often have co-occurring conditions, such as depression, substance use, or one or more anxiety disorders. After a dangerous event, it is natural to have some symptoms."

The NHS:

https://www.nhs.uk/mental-health/conditions/post-traumatic-stress-disorder-ptsd/symptoms/

"Someone with PTSD may be very anxious and find it difficult to relax. They may be constantly aware of threats and easily startled. "

"Re-experiencing is the most typical symptom of PTSD.

This is when a person involuntarily and vividly relives the traumatic event in the form of:

flashbacks

nightmares

repetitive and distressing images or sensations

physical sensations, such as pain, sweating, feeling sick or trembling"

Not here to diagnose Britney in any way. But I do want to remind some of you little ****ers on here, that what she has experience will haunt for a while.

What a lot of you might see as her acting like a victim, or being unhinged, is quite literally her coping/survival mechanisms. So I think people should encourage her to do positive things here, get help etc. Rather than tear her down for everything she does.

music video GIF

Edited by Crayboy
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, Crayboy said:

What is coach energy? English isn't my first language 

It isn't my first language too. With 'coach energy' I meant as someone that is willingly putting efforts to decide what someone is to do with his/her life to make it as happy as possible or to achieve specific goals.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Fita said:

It isn't my first language too. With 'coach energy' I meant as someone that is willingly putting efforts to decide what someone is to do with his/her life to make it as happy as possible or to achieve specific goals.

Was that directed at me? This was supposed to be a positive thread for Britney 🥲

• Love 2

I agree what we shouldn't judge her. But it is really hard to do when she makes out with felons with 10 kids. And then posts it on her socials blaming that person...she really gives herself 0 favour with her socials. She needs a normal good team of people who will do that job for her. Just bc cship was bad doesn't mean she can't find and choose new team of people and make them do what she wants to. I think bc of control she dealt with she rebells and wants everything to be her way. This is her way we see it now for 3 years and it is a mostly a mess with bad headlines and rants. There are some words of wisdom and good pics we get. But also if she quits we won't get anything.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Crayboy said:

Happy I Love You GIF by Warner Bros. Deutschlandthsts okay, just miscommunication 

I meant, girl imagine that with all the energy and focus we direct into Britney’s life (what she should do, what could be better for her etc) we’d do that to own our lives, it’d be ducking dope.

49 minutes ago, Yanal said:

The woman has no interest in her own life, has not the slightest knowledge about her career! How far can we defend her? I'm sorry, but I'm so tired of her constantly giving stuff to the media and then whining. I hope she gets herself together as soon as possible. When her book came out, she won the sympathy of the media and non-fans.. no one respects you from where you live! Respect is earned. It's not all about her.. we don't live in the 2000s anymore.. It's been almost 3 years and all she does is complain.. she should put this aside now. Constantly attacking around will not bring back those days, on the contrary, it will cause her to keep traumas alive. I hope she finds the inner peace she is looking for as soon as possible. I really have no expectations from her. All I want is for her to be happy.. 

This.  I lost all respect for her when Paul Soliz's wife stated that Britney and Paul started sleeping together around the same time she gave birth.  How pathetic do you have to be to steal a married man with a newborn?  I feel like I've been conned my whole life -- loved Britney since I was 7 years old and I'm finally seeing her entitled and malicious behavior.

Shar Jackson also stated that Britney was waiting outside the hospital for Kevin Federline while she (Shar) gave birth.  Britney will not mature until the wakeup call comes and it seems to be coming from Paul Soliz's wife.  Good for Paul's wife.

• Love 4
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Gutterguppy said:

I wish many users here could provide constructive criticism in a way that is not demeaning and downright nasty. Yes, Britney handled this situation with Halsey very poorly and should learn to not run to social media whenever she is upset, but that does not give you all free rein to berate her for her mistakes and call her things like a 'miserable Karen' and say she needs to get canceled. 

Why are we, who are supposed to be her fans, wishing for her downfall whenever she screws up? 

Because she is a homewrecker.

• Love 1

it's really sad to see but Britney lost herself and never healed, she's nothing like she used to be that made her so likeable. she's constantly hypervigilant and insecure about everything especially about her image and body being perceived by others, and yet her own behavior is not aligned with how she wants to be perceived (IG content and felon dating). she's like when dogs are abused they become aggressive towards anyone out of fear because they were hurt. and unfortunately, there's no healing taking place. I understand why she has a lot of fear and rage as she suffered a lot of abuse and isolation, however she must learn to be responsible for her own emotions. I hope that she has the strength to find peace and happiness within herself. if she's blindsided by any professional arrangement that her team makes, she should take control of that. I hope she takes time off the media for a long time until she finds herself again

• Love 2
  • Like 4

I think it's shameful how some people put fault into victims of abuse as if trauma and paranoia can be fixed with a finger snap. They don't get how everyone deals with things differently. And even more shameful how they expect others to be perfect (especially celebtities), when they are far from perfect themselves.

Quite disappointing really, how closeminded ignorant people are more vocal about their foolishness and lack of logic or empathy.

• Love 4

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.