Do you chase youth?

I once heard Pamela Anderson saying in a interview how does she deal with aging and she says she doesn't chase youth. I'm in my 30s (I just turned 30 this month) and I do think a lot about this subject in my life, the wrinkles, the beauty of the youth and how is it all temporary. How do you deal with that? Do you feel worried? Do you have procedures done or do you not wanna do that and age naturally? How does that affect your daily basis and mental health?

Tell it all, babe. Oh, I found the video of Pamela saying that:

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, TazoNeedlePlay6676 said:

youth will come & go, my beautiful soul will live much more of a time. of course im afraid of how my youth will fade away, but i think when it happens i will get used to it and still find value in myself. there is way more value in me than my youth....

I love that.

• Love 2

To me, it's all about self-reflection. As I've gotten older, the age group of my friends and partners have gotten older. I used to date and surround myself with people my age or younger, but somewhere along the lines my priorities changed.

In my 20's, my priorities were to work so I could have the means to have fun, spend money, go to clubs, drink and socialize, but you get to a point where that stops being fulfilling. Suddenly, my focus became on planting the seeds for my future. This meant that I found value in having a quality job, versus a job just to make money and have fun. I also found value in investing, buying a home, keeping my circle of friends small, taking quality vacations versus just going to Vegas or places to party. With that, I also found value in health over appearance.

All that to say that youth became so incredible unappealing to me, because it symbolizes the complete opposite of where my focus in life is. I still stay active and "take care of myself" but not to look young, but because I want to still be living a fulfilling life when I'm 60.

I think going through this type of transition is normal, but unfortunately, there are many who never go through it and in their 40's keep trying to recapture who they used to be.

Personally, I would not wanna be young again. My life is miles better now and I actually find it comical when someone in their 20's tries to "shame me" for being older as if I'm ashamed of my life or accomplishments. 

My advice to you would be to just enjoy life, embrace the transition and soon you'll look back laughing at the fact that you put so much focus on youth and apperance.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Gypsy Woman said:

To me, it's all about self-reflection. As I've gotten older, the age group of my friends and partners have gotten older. I used to date and surround myself with people my age or younger, but somewhere along the lines my priorities changed.

In my 20's, my priorities were to work so I could have the means to have fun, spend money, go to clubs, drink and socialize, but you get to a point where that stops being fulfilling. Suddenly, my focus became on planting the seeds for my future. This meant that I found value in having a quality job, versus a job just to make money and have fun. I also found value in investing, buying a home, keeping my circle of friends small, taking quality vacations versus just going to Vegas or places to party. With that, I also found value in health over appearance.

All that to say that youth became so incredible unappealing to me, because it symbolizes the complete opposite of where my focus in life is. I still stay active and "take care of myself" but not to look young, but because I want to still be living a fulfilling life when I'm 60.

I think going through this type of transition is normal, but unfortunately, there are many who never go through it and in their 40's keep trying to recapture who they used to be.

Personally, I would not wanna be young again. My life is miles better now and I actually find it comical when someone in their 20's tries to "shame me" for being older as if I'm ashamed of my life or accomplishments. 

My advice to you would be to just enjoy life, embrace the transition and soon you'll look back laughing at the fact that you put so much focus on youth and apperance.

Thank you. I haven't had that perspective yet. It's interesting to have that conviction that no matter what the world around us say is cool/cooler or the best thing ever, we'll still be okay with doing ourselves. It's about being satisfied with yourself, right (I mean, not just that, we're not islands). I'm gonna highlight the parts that got me more.

xxo

1 minute ago, Fita said:

Thank you. I haven't had that perspective yet. It's interesting to have that conviction that no matter what the world around us say is cool/cooler or the best thing ever, we'll still be okay with doing ourselves. It's about being satisfied with yourself, right (I mean, not just that, we're not islands). I'm gonna highlight the parts that got me more.

xxo

Love that and yes, it will come. I'm 37 and trust me, I'm still transitioning through stuff.

Funny story from the other day...I was in a political debate on a news site IG page with someone and they left a comment about how they had more followers than me. I don't remember the exact context but that's the part that stood out, not because it offended me, but because it showed me the level of immaturity that being young still has on you.

I thought to myself, I have a well paying job, I work from home, I'm married, have a beautiful house, travel, have great friends and someone thinks that my lack of IG followers discredits all of that? It truly made me realize how out of touch some people can be and further cemented why I just don't take anything that happens on the web to heart. It's sheer entertainment and you can't gauge your life on that.

• Love 1
  • Like 4

I chase wealthy suggar daddies not youth. :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup: lol JK

30 is not old.

People in their 30s are in the best time of their lives, especially early thirties. Old enough to be a responsible adult and young enough to enjoy life as you wish.

I used to think being in my 20s was the best thing ever, but that changed when I turned 30 and realized how much I have evolved and how much freedom I have now. How so much of my traumas and fears evaporated and I finally live for me! Not caring about other people's opinions. I used to worry about nonsense like wrinkles or grey hair but none of that has happened and probably won't until a few more years. And if you take care of your diet and body, you will probably have a beautiful wrinkle-free body for decades. Maybe because I'm Latina but people don't age as fast here, some people in their 50s look amazing, and with no cosmetic procedures.

Just enjoy it ! getting old is part of life cherish that you have the opportunity to grow old, that is a privilege many sadly have been denied!

• Like 3

I never "felt" young. I feel more "young and free" now than I ever did. My diet is better. I feel more free to express myself. Some of us peak in our youth while some peak in older years. We all have our own timeline. Now that I'm in my 30s, there are no more succubus old gays trying to steal my energy. I can go out now without being stalked by someone trying to steal my young essence. It's great. 

Edited by jordeezy river red
  • Haha 1

well, you shouldn't worry cause everyone gets older 

the best way is not to care or you'll live in conflict with that

if you care about your appearance Just try to be wise about it. I can't deny that looks matter, specially if you're a woman. In my 20s I looked waaay younger than I really was and I actually was really young in mind too, it felt like no one in my age would date me cause I looked so young, I started smoking, going out, drinking, wearing watches, dressing properly, even tho my mantra was "can't grown up, it's a trap"

NOW i quit nicotine and i rarely drink and party and sometimes it feels boring but i'm learning to have satisfaction with my daily life. I want to be healthier and learn to be more responsible with the adult life, i don't want to go back and chase youth cause I already did that, I want to learn new chapters and i'm learning A LOT and assimilating things better now.

Aging is fun. As I'm approaching 40, I care about my appearance, but I really don't care about wrinkles or any of those signs of aging. The body is still beautiful as it ages. That said, I work out constantly and want to keep my body in shape forever. That takes work. I'm not going to chase youth with botox or those weird treatments. I like my wrinkles.
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

I used to think that I don't want to be old, or "look old". However, the more I keep seeing the unnatural beauty trends to make people look like decades younger, the more I appreciate aging naturally. And I don't mean that people should just give up their healthy and active lifestyle and accept that they are old and just die lol, but let's look some people who aged naturally and who didn't

Sigourney Weaver, 74

Sigourney-Weaver-Reacts-Heartbreakers-Co

Madonna, 65

Madonna-070524-2-72a88a38ea79435ba6a505e

I mean, both are beautiful, but Madonna just looks unnatural and weird to be honest. I'd rather not look like 20 all my life

Edited by Stannedforever

There are so many good things that come with age. I’m not going to lie and say it’s not hard physically, but mentally it does get better most of the time. There is more of a confidence and acceptance of who you are that helps.

Spoiler

I’m also not much older than you and make frequent “doctor visits” so take all that with a grain of salt. :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black:

• Love 1

Accepting the fact that I’m not a twink anymore was hard. 🤣 I started getting occasional Botox last year - nothing crazy. I think we both live in Brazil (né?) so cosmetic stuff is relatively affordable here.

But like others have said, I had to accept that my age doesn’t define me. Turned 30 this year and I am in the best place emotionally, financially and spiritually that I’ve ever been. I appreciate my twenties but know myself much better now. 🙂

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.