Cher is releasing her memoir with a black and white image from 1900s - Should we apologize to Britney?

1 hour ago, Gypsy Woman said:

I never cared about her using a picture from 2002, but to be fair, there's a difference between a celebrity who has been around since the 1970's (50+ years) using a photo from the beginning of their career versus a celebrity who has barely been around 25 years using an old photo despite having a VERY active and public media presence. In Britney's case, it came across as "I'm too lazy to take a new photo" instead of it being an artistic choice.

The type of photo that Cher used is meant to bring nostalgia. As someone else mentioned, Cher is releasing multiple volumes because her career spans across several decades. It'd be odd to cover the beginning of your career in a book while using a new photo...kind of defeats the purpose.

it doesn’t come off that way at all. i think you’re just projecting 

34 minutes ago, Gypsy Woman said:

Why you mad at Hilary though? You mad that she never went off the deep end and actually kept a balanced life? 

you really don’t know hilary or britney personally. some people suffer in different ways u probably don’t see. stop stanning celebs and focus on you… u obviously have a lot to work on 

39 minutes ago, itsxrichiexbish said:

you really don’t know hilary or britney personally. some people suffer in different ways u probably don’t see. stop stanning celebs and focus on you… u obviously have a lot to work on 

"Stop stanning celebs" coming from the person with almost 3k posts on a celeb forum.

:katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Gypsy Woman said:

"Stop stanning celebs" coming from the person with almost 3k posts on a celeb forum.

:katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

It's like people fail to realize that you don't have to be a fan of just one artist, this hasn't been a Britney sole forum in the longest time. Britney has a section as do many other sections.

Many people in here are huge fans of other artists so I'm not sure what the issue is if you don't wear rose colored glasses and march in line like a heard of sheep. 

• Love 2

This photo was taken by Herb Ritts, one of Britney's favorite photographers. It is a form of catharsis for Britney, like an emotional release, as she empathetically reflects on the young girl she once was through introspective writing. She has always had a particularly difficult relationship with her image: stolen photos, failed photoshoots, imposed styles, botched makeup and all under the guise of forced work. It may seem trivial, but simply choosing a photo in which she feels beautiful, half-naked in simple pair of shorts, taken by a photographer she loves during a time when she felt free, must make her feel good I think. By using a photo over two decades old, i think Britney plays with the notion of time and identity with an image which represents a version of herself, frozen in a period of glory and youth. She invites readers to reflect on the constancy of identity through struggles and years. It's like the photo becomes a mirror of the past through which Britney examines her evolution and transformations. For me, this photo is touching, it captures the innocence and freshness of a young woman at the beginning of her career and this innocence contrasts with the depth, resilience and brutality that the reader is invited to discover in the book. It's true that Herb Ritts is my favorite fashion photographer along with Meisel, so the photo touches me deeply. Ritts only collaborated with the greatest. 

53 minutes ago, itsxrichiexbish said:

go through them all, plz enlighten yourself and check out the difference between u and me ;)

And what exactly would I gain from going through your posts?

You're telling me to stop stanning celebs, yet, you're on here just like everyone else. It's called a mirror.

• Love 1

I loved the Britney cover.  It really captured Britney at her peak and reminded us all that her career is over because she wants it to be over. I thought it was bittersweet and sends a message that. .. this is who I was.  And who I will never be again

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.