Taylor Swift seen smoking w**d with her boyfriend Travis Kelce in Barcelona, Spain

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, RBFLOVESBRITNEY said:

And those same compounds and chemicals help those with the same issues. As a bipolar patient who has a thriving career and has been prescribed cannabis as a therapeutic I can convey to you that you all need to realize that cannabis is not what you perceive it to be. 

Mental disorders, including mood and anxiety disorders, posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and schizophrenia, represent an important public health problem, affecting about 9.6% to 27.8% of the general population worldwide. The pathophysiology is complex and not yet completely understood, although genetic, biological, and environmental factors are probably critical for both onset and progression of these disorders. Antidepressants, benzodiazepines, and antipsychotic dr**s represent the main pharmacotherapy; however, 40% to 60% of patients do not gain total relief from their impairing symptoms with such treatments. Thus, there is a strong need to develop alternative/complementary treatments. There are several lines of evidence suggesting that a promising pharmacotherapy may be based on dr**s that target the endocannabinoid system, which in itself appears deregulated in psychiatric patients. This system is recognized as a fundamental modulator of a large variety of physiological processes, including neurodevelopment, emotional states, stress responses, and cognition, so much so that a defect in its signaling might play a role in the pathophysiological underpinnings of mental illnesses.

Cannabis has been used for millennia for therapeutic purposes, and there are several anecdotal reports of its consumption as a form of self-medication for the alleviation of psychiatric symptoms (eg, anxiety, depression, and mania). However, epidemiological studies consistently demonstrated that heavy cannabis use is associated with occurrence of psychiatric outcomes, especially in people at risk for psychosis or mood disorders. Hence, evidence supporting cannabis-based interventions for the treatment of mental disorders is equivocal, mainly due to the use of extracts from the whole plant. Cannabis contains various phytocannabinoids, among which ∆ 9 -tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabidiol (CBD) are the major constituents. Both induce their pharmacological effect by interacting with the endocannabinoid system. THC is the main psychoactive ingredient responsible for either psychotic or affective mental health outcomes at higher doses; on the other hand, low doses can attenuate the subjective response to psychosocial stress and act as anxiolytics. In contrast, CBD represents the nonpsychoactive component of the plant that has been suggested to possess antipsychotic, antidepressant, anxiolytic, and procognitive properties. When the effects of THC or CBD were investigated in the management of psychiatric patients, preliminary results suggest that they both may have potential efficacy.

Currently, there are several clinical trials registered on ClinicalTrials.gov, all aimed at evaluating the potential therapeutic effects of cannabis and synthetic cannabinoids on mental disorders. Here, we provide a summary evidencing their possible therapeutic efficacy for the treatment of major depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety, PTSD, and schizophrenia. The term “medical cannabis” here refers to the use of cannabis preparations (raw cannabis, magistral preparations, and standardized cannabis preparations) as medical therapy to treat diseases or alleviate symptoms. “Medicinal cannabinoids,” by contrast, refers to medicinal products with marketing authorization: nabilone (synthetic cannabinoid similar to THC), dronabinol (synthetic THC), nabiximols (plant based with approximately equal quantities THC/CBD), and CBD (plant-based).

WWW.NCBI.NLM.NIH.GOV

Mental disorders represent a significant public health burden worldwide due to their high...

Genuinely asking: have you heard of this study that says that people with family history of schezophrenia can develop this? 'Cause I usually hear that and it's a thing that kinda is to worry in my case - my family has had a relative who had schezophrenia. Usually when smoke w**d I feel good if it's a little use, very little. If I smoke too much I start to be paranoid. But if it's just a little bit I start to get more communicative, lol. Anyways, I also know that the quality of the w**d is also responsible for the effects on the body, as you probably know, and the form of it (oil, which component - THC or cannabinoid, etc)... Anyways, I tried to find this research about it, but I couldn't find it. It's similar to the reply above of the other member but it's different. 

Edited by Fita
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, UnderHisSpell said:

%80 of her fans are a bunch of preteens and teens! it's a bad influence especially when her fans are obsessed and trying to do everything she does. She should've known better... :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:

a woman well over the legal age using a legal recreational product seemingly safely and in a controlled child free environment? Seems alright to me. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1
32 minutes ago, Fita said:

Genuinely asking: have you heard of this study that says that people with family history of schezophrenia can develop this? 'Cause I usually hear that and it's a thing that kinda is to worry in my case - my family has had a relative who had schezophrenia. Usually when smoke w**d I feel good if it's a little use, very little. If I smoke too much I start to be paranoid. But if it's just a little bit I start to get more communicative, lol. Anyways, I also know that the quality of the w**d is also responsible for the effects on the body, as you probably know, and the form of it (oil, which component - THC or cannabinoid, etc)... Anyways, I tried to find this research about it, but I couldn't find it. It's similar to the reply above of the other member but it's different. 

I have and its the same with all psychotropic medicine and everyones body chemistry is different and it stems from the strain you are ingesting as well. I mostly use thc tinctures because I do not like smoking or vaping. There are several experiments that are still compiling data too so only time will tell. But completely ruling it out because of perceived issues is dangerous. There also is higher prevalence of Europeans that are against it due to misconceptions.  But as you said its the quality of the product as well, but thats with everything. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, UnderHisSpell said:

Idk if you're aware but most of the world smokes cigarettes and it's more normal than w**d and w**d is illegal in most of the countries and it considered as dr**s, idk about US tho. it's honestly more disgusting to normalize weeds than cigarettes :awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale:

“Weeds” never heard anyone call it that, just cus most the world smokes cigs doesn’t make it good 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, jordeezy river red said:

I live in a state where recreational ********* is legal and it has truly changed since the laws changed. w**d makes people lazy. 

Nah they were always lazy. I’ve completed my bachelors, masters, and have a lucrative position all while using cannabis. w**d causing laziness is just a preconception. They were always lazy. 

Edited by RBFLOVESBRITNEY
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, HearMeOnYourRadio said:

a woman well over the legal age using a legal recreational product seemingly safely and in a controlled child free environment? Seems alright to me. 

2 hours ago, peacht said:

she is an adult she can do whatever she wants, singers are not role models.

Parents are the ones who should be telling the kids not to smoke w**d, not Taylor swift who is and adult and can do whatever 

Stop normalizing dr**s :nydisgust_miss_new_york_tiffany_gross_pollard_ew:

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
12 minutes ago, UnderHisSpell said:

Stop normalizing dr**s :nydisgust_miss_new_york_tiffany_gross_pollard_ew:

I think that was you though...

3 hours ago, UnderHisSpell said:

At least smoking cigarettes are normal not w**d cigarettes doesn't make you high or stoned :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

WWW.WHO.INT

This online resource provides access to pictorial health warnings to be used or adapted by countries and Parties to the WHO FCTC to warn the public about the dangers of tobacco use.

4 hours ago, HearMeOnYourRadio said:

What a fun couple! She’s been pretty open about smoking. Not sure why everyone is clutching their pearls. Not surprised either lol. 

Ok cuz I thought I missed something lol. I’m like “was she in a church or something?” Nope, just being regular Tay

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, RBFLOVESBRITNEY said:

Nah they were always lazy. I’ve completed my bachelors, masters, and have a lucrative position all while using cannabis. w**d causing laziness is just a preconception. They were always lazy. 

NEED THIS ON A BILLBOARD AND A T-SHIRT!!! Ppl don’t realize that smoking w33d is not what the media has long-since portrayed it. It’s also about moderation. I smoke a little before work to take the edge off. I’m not gonna go in there stoned out of my mind tho. I don’t even get that high outside of work. I’m also a responsible adult so that’s also a factor. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, HearMeOnYourRadio said:

I totally agree. When will the world learn the difference between Role Models and PARENTS? I guess never. 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.