What is the most saddest britney song?

2 hours ago, PrinceAli89 said:

Interesting topic. Y'all have some great choices. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

I think some sad ones for me are “Heart,” “Man On The Moon,” and “Mood Ring.” 

Oh yea. Till It's Gone is really beautiful.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, King B. said:

The one with the pot full of vegetables 

so sad that this has even made the final cut

:nochillbrit_britney_impatient_2008_annoyed_irritated_nope_smh_head_shaking_my_ftr_for_the_record_circus:

Hey don’t get mad. It might’ve been exhalers fault. We had a time here where everyone talked about carrots 😂 and I think that’s where they got the idea to put those lyrics in the song 

• Haha 1
22 hours ago, UnderHisSpell said:

For me it's "Heart" it isn't your typical love or breakup song. It's relatable, it's sad, and It's about your own heart, sticking by your side no matter what. Honestly, it's kinda underrated too. :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming: (btw something about this song sounds like a Anime OST especially the violins in the instrumental)

I knew I wasn't the only one who thought it sounded like anime OST. I watched Perfect Blue, Paradise Kiss and Nana at the time of listening to the Oops album/b-sides back then so I associated some anime storylines with events in Britney's life🥺

Edited by StrangestOuch
  • Love 2
On 7/20/2024 at 2:16 PM, Frankie8 said:

I'm not saying this is the saddest Brit song, but awhile back it occurred to me once you strip away the music, the quicker pace that it is sung, the Pop vocal style, BOMT can be a really sad song. Imagine it sung slow as if it's a ballad.

It’s a sad song but there is some beautiful trauma there about her singing from a place of innocence and it makes it cute cause she’s so naive.

and because of that I don’t consider it sad, but more cute.

but the lyrics are sad

• Love 2
1 hour ago, StrangestOuch said:

I knew I wasn't the only one who thought it sounded like anime OST. I watched Perfect Blue, Paradise Kiss and Nana at the time of listening to the Oops album/b-sides back then so I associated some anime storylines with events in Britney's life🥺

You got that Anime vibes at Violin part too right? I heard alot of similar chord progressions in Anime's :) 

• Love 2

I can’t even listen to Everytime now without it ruining my entire day. It’s just devastating now that we know the true meaning behind the song. 

To Love, Let Go is really sad too, but that song has honestly helped me a lot throughout the years. It’s a beautiful reminder that holding on to pain and hurt will only inhibit your personal growth, and if you truly want to heal and move on then you need to let go. 

• Love 2
On 7/21/2024 at 2:51 PM, UnderHisSpell said:

You got that Anime vibes at Violin part too right? I heard alot of similar chord progressions in Anime's :) 

Absolutely!🎻 It felt so cinematic, emotional, touching and overwhelming yet healing to my younger self who sought comfort from anime and Britney music🎶

• Love 2
On 7/21/2024 at 3:49 PM, BraveNewSeth said:

I can’t even listen to Everytime now without it ruining my entire day. It’s just devastating now that we know the true meaning behind the song. 

To Love, Let Go is really sad too, but that song has honestly helped me a lot throughout the years. It’s a beautiful reminder that holding on to pain and hurt will only inhibit your personal growth, and if you truly want to heal and move on then you need to let go. 

Ditto to Everytime for both the song and the video. And slightly off-topic but related in a way: I have always been curious to know from Devo Springsteen (producer of Baby Boy/Untitled Lullaby and To Love, Let Go) what the sessions with Britney were like and how much they discussed to write her most vulnerable recordings at the time:crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.