World Premiere of Katy Perry's new music video "Woman's World"

This song is for 15 year olds, she actually shows what she wants people to do with the song. Use it on tik Tok... How literal can a music video be? 

And the last line I'm Katy Perry... It all is centered towards a new generation. Katy fans must be pissed.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Princessmimi said:

Well that was pretty underwhelming.

All the hype for that?! :teigen_chrissy_eek_awkward_um_cringe:

Mimi

:omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:

Spoiler

Idc I’m jk

I still think this is better than a lot of the more recent stuff she’s done but maybe I’m basic 

:parisok_hilton_chewing_gum_pink_phone_Reading:

Edited by Kiss my
  • Haha 2

No Way Wtf GIF by Harlem

OK, just saw the video and Im like ... REALLY?

Despite all attempts it looks cheap.

She is literally making fun of woman, and instead of showing their strength, she is showing that woman are good only for look s3xy, dance, pose for camera ...

The song itself is catchy but missing proper bridge and absolutely lack progression by the end. (unfortunately like many songs in last years)

Edited by MIKE_INT
  • Like 4
6 hours ago, ElectricPlatypusLove said:

The video genuinely offended me. It feels like someone has paid her to take the piss out of women. It felt like a total mockery of feminism. Truly tasteless.

Yeah especially after all she was going for with Witness. Honestly I loved Witness and what she was going for that era 

5 hours ago, MyLittlePopstar said:

did she think it was a good look to steal the one featured black girl in the videos phone? 

:gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

4 hours ago, The Queen said:

Even Accelerate (song + video) were better 

Accelerate was a great song and much better than this generic mess. 

Edited by whenthedogscaneout
  • Love 1
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, warioaddams said:

So short, not a climax. Childish vídeo. Expected more.

isn't that every Katy Perry video ever? Well, besides Teenage Dream I guess.

I think she's still as unfunny as ever, but that's what worked for her in the past, so it makes sense she's still doing the same. The audiences have shifted though, so I'm not sure if she'll ever see the same kind of success she had the last decade

• Like 3
Just now, Prince Ali said:

The song already sounds dated.. and wait, there are only woman in the music videos but all of a sudden she shows 2 gays kissing? Why is she comparing me to girls? Like wtf Katy? :trash_throw_away_recycle:

It’s called desperation. Like someone here said, she’s trying to appeal to 15 year olds on Tik Tok, hence the “I am Katy Perry” introduction and the stupid 2 minute long video. She’s trying to get people talking. 

To think someone here thought she was trying to appeal to Trump voters and that’s why she ditched the short hair. Then the video is released and it shows a couple of men kissing. :gloria_falling_stairs_trip::gloria_falling_stairs_trip: See, that should be a wake up call not to try so hard to make everything so political lmao. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Love the concept, not keen on the execution.

Katy is constantly playing this goofy character since witness. I was hoping for a more mature version of her teenage dream character.

Fergie did this kinda thing better with M.I.L.F$ and Britney did it better with Work *****. 

Shes speaking on female empowerment while parodying women the entire video? She says women can do anything but then has a woman being killed on a construction site and unable to drink whiskey, how is that empowering?

Britney and Fergie looked dominant, fierce and powerful. Katy looks like she’s seeking approval from a largely male audience. The gays and girls don’t want that. 

the song is a solid 6/10, it would be great as an album opening track and isn’t something to be ashamed of in your discography, but paired with this video it’s just a gag, and not in the good way 

Edited by Pinky98
  • Like 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.