Is Taylor Swift a Legend?

12 hours ago, KrisJ said:

ZERO impact or influence on emerging artists. 

Agree on all except this. I'm not sure if she started that out or some of her peers, but these days, a lot of artists bank on reliability and not so much on singing or dancing skills.

Yes. I think she's an icon for our generation. She represents how Feminist bullies have lured the average American Millenial females into working their way to be bosschicks but delay motherhood. Also, her change in LGBTQ rights signals how society changed and how it has been dominated by that change. I do think she exemplifies the changing culture that people her age have experienced. 

10 hours ago, helloitsme said:

one of the things that made britney a legend was her immediate stellar debut (unlike no other), her amount and timing of her rise to fame, her extremely public ‘downfall’, and then her incredible comeback to the top. Definition of living legend. And of course, her influence and innovation to the next generation. Her playbook is used so much. I can go on and on. And then everything she went through recently. People throw around icon now so much, whatever, but I feel like you have to really earn your stripes for legend. Britney’s one of the younger legends, so its not bad that Taylor or anyone may not be. She’s still got time. The other Legends are like Michael, Prince, Whitney, Aretha, Elvis etc. whom all have passed sadly, but we do have some living legends like Dolly Parton, Madonna, Cher, and some younger ones like Britney Mariah. 

Beyonce also and Christina. THey are bigger than Britney though.

1 hour ago, itsjames said:

Beyonce also and Christina. THey are bigger than Britney though.

nah britney outsells, a staple in pop culture and an international pop icon. Beyonce will definitely be a legend, if not already, she is just still musically currently active so shes out of the three very chart wise relevant which is extremely impressive after all these years, which basically guarantees her a mark to be legend if not already. I just still think shes not finished and creating her legacy which i think is extremely impressive. Definitely an icon. 

Britney videos and performances are forever vaulted like judy garlands wizard of oz (baby one more time our modern day equivalent).

Christina is an outstanding singer with an iconic voice for sure. 

14 hours ago, King B. said:

1hjmySJVirhOU.webp

I never understood the big problem with this. She is very dramatic, then and now. I mean, Ye just said he liked Beyonce's video better, which was true. Single Ladies was the best video of that edition and the award to Taylor was payola. I don't know, she's insufferable. 

20 hours ago, helloitsme said:

nah britney outsells, a staple in pop culture and an international pop icon. Beyonce will definitely be a legend, if not already, she is just still musically currently active so shes out of the three very chart wise relevant which is extremely impressive after all these years, which basically guarantees her a mark to be legend if not already. I just still think shes not finished and creating her legacy which i think is extremely impressive. Definitely an icon. 

Britney videos and performances are forever vaulted like judy garlands wizard of oz (baby one more time our modern day equivalent).

Christina is an outstanding singer with an iconic voice for sure. 

i agree there too. For some reason though I don't understand why more people these days prefer xtina over britney. dua lipa also prefer xtina. xtina cant dance anymore though because she became fat.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.