Britney Owned A NYC Restaurant!?

1 hour ago, MarshallMathers said:

No, I’m not. This one doesn’t have a Britney quote, but this is one example of what we read back in 2002. Fans who really followed this in mid-2002 would see both explanations, whereas the mainstream press (which represents most of today’s available archives) weren’t even aware of the Nyla’s Burger Basket connection.

WWW.NEWSPAPERS.COM

Clipping found in Clarion-Ledger published in Jackson, Mississippi on 7/21/2002. Britney Spears Nyla...

Forbes also recalls this:

WWW.FORBES.COM

It takes more than a pretty face and a marquee name to run a thriving business. Ask these...

And so does this article, which says: Called NYLA, it was named after both New York and Louisiana – Britney’s home state. It opened in New York City in early 2002, and served authentic southern cuisine, with Britney taking influence from a restaurant she used to go to when she was a kid in her hometown of Kentwood.

CELEBMIX.COM

To celebrate CelebMix's fifth anniversary, we have decided to showcase five of our...

Hmm… I’ll go halfsies with you, but still not her favorite restaurant back in “Kentwood” (Mississippi is a whole other state)

:orly_oh_britney_surprised_wow_excited: 

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Gutterguppy said:

Sorry, didn't mean to imply he was. JJ Chill...that was the name! Ah, man. Wonder if he used her money to start up that cooking show he wanted to do. 

Appreciate you coming through with the facts, friend! 

Edit: Jesus, going through these photos. I hate that time period now :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

I hate it, too. She seemed so happy just being around family and starting her own… sigh. She had NO idea what was about to happen.

Edited by MarshallMathers
  • Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.