Britney Owned A NYC Restaurant!?

PolySpears

Yes, she did. I remember I went there with my parents when I was like 10! I begged them for months to take me and they did... Back then I remember being really excited to go but I don't have any major memory from it. Years later I understood she didn't really own it, she just let a company used her name but the restaurant was a major flop and she quickly distanced herself from it. I think it was a money laundering scheme set up by her father. She's had plenty of business failures (all with her dad involved). I think a few years ago it came out she also bought stakes at some restaurant at Planet Hollywood, I think.

• Like 3

I thought it was sooo cool and was kinda proud that Britney was now even owning a fancy restaurant, but it ended up a flop from I remember.

I remember rumors like the chef quitting right after opening, and a customer literally stabbing someone else in thr parking lot or something, and also some food poisoning rumors too.🤔

But she did look good on opening day tho🤭

• Like 1

Opening night started out with a rainstorm, and then apparently a drought of customers followed. Nyla's original manager Bobby Ochs claimed that the place was $350,000 over budget on opening day, yet he had been told that Nyla did only $1,900 in business (via New York Mag). Second chef Brad Gates complained of different problems, "There's no one coming into the restaurant now," Gates said. "It's been hard to buy food because they're not giving me any money." Other sources note health code violations as well as a highly questionable choice to switch from Cajun cuisine to Italian (via Vanity Fair). What we do know for sure is that Spears had no interest in this kind of chaos and left the project herself prior to the restaurant's closure.

While she displayed class in wishing the remaining crew well, her team released a public statement shared by E! saying, "Britney Spears has severed all involvement with the Manhattan restaurant Nyla and the company which operates Nyla. Spears believes that she has been let no alternative other than to terminate her relationship with Nyla as a result of management's failure to keep her fully apprised of information relating to the restaurant and its operations."

WWW.MASHED.COM

While we still can't stop talking about the Circus singer's commercial successes — you can't win 'em all. Case in point? Spears' restaurant Nyla.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Jamie Spears was NOT a chef or officially involved in the restaurant. He did, however, go into the business drink and/or high and demand menu changes and new chefs.

Nyla closed the same year it opened. Britney disassociated herself with Nyla shortly after it opened - it was a disaster from day one.

The restaurant was named after Nyla’s Burger Basket in Kentwood, and also represented the state abbreviations for New York and Louisiana. Britney had just gotten her NYC apartment, so that was special to her. The Nyla logo was her handwriting.

PAGESIX.COM

“It’s no surprise to me Britney doesn’t want him running her life. I can’t imagine him running...

Edited by MarshallMathers
  • Like 2
3 minutes ago, MarshallMathers said:

Jamie Spears was NOT a chef or involved in the restaurant. He did, however, go into the business drink and/or high and demand menu cha fe’s and new chefs.

NYLA closed the same year it opened. Britney disassociated herself with NYLA shortly after it opened.

PAGESIX.COM

“It’s no surprise to me Britney doesn’t want him running her life. I can’t imagine him running...

I'm sry I remembered it wrong it's 22 Years ago. 🫠

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.